Ch 90

We Just Haven't Met Yet~ Russ

Prisoner~ The Weeknd

_ANGELVANHORN_'S POV//

Winter is coming to an end and the new semester is about to begin. As the year gets older, it gets harder and harder for Paulina to deal with Isaac.

ISAACS POV//

Angie invited everyone to her house for new years to make smores and do anything other than getting crossfaded. I'm shocked she wanted to see me after all the shit Paulina probably told her about me. Angie's house feels like home all over again when I step inside. She doesn't treat me like she used to but she still includes me in all of our events that we usually have. Especially our new year's parties. Paulina scurries her eyes across the room and tries avoiding my presence. 

I miss her. I miss us. I miss the taste of her peach pigmented lips. I miss the stare from her deep chocolatey eyes that I could never see the bottom of because they were so purifying and meaningful. I miss the smell of her hair when it would blow in the wind in my direction. I miss the looks she used to give me after I said stupid things. I am a stupid thing. Your fragile smile used to bring me the heaviest amount of joy Paulina. We're so close yet we're so far away and I'm so sorry I let us go. I'm so sorry I let you find more love in someone who isn't me. I'm sorry we were living like devils trying to love like angels. Every rose must have its thorn and I am covered in more thorns than striking red petals. I'm sorry Paulina. I'm so sorry. 

I star at her making casual conversation with Angie and crystal. It pains me to see how happy she is and I'm not even apart of the picture. I used to be the one painting that smile on her beautifully sculpted face. I used to be the one making her belly hurt from laughing so hard. I lost my turn. 

"Ok let's go outside ya'll," Angie says and everyone gets up from her living room to go outside. 

"It's fucking cold out where are we going," I ask getting up from her couch.

"Well we aren't gonna make s'mores inside," She says holding up a bag of marshmallows. When we pile into her backyard she starts passing around long wooden sticks and the bag of marshmallows. She throws a lit match into a round firepit that stands like a mini barbecue. She uncovers it and we all start poking our marshmallows into the fire. 

"Oh shit," Crystal says when her mallow catches on fire. 

After a while, Paulina comes and parks herself in the chair next to mine. I try not looking at her or engaging in conversation no matter how badly I want to. Angie sits next to her and roasts her marshmallow. I watch her through the corner of my eyes as she puts her s'more together.  When she squeezes it together the marshmallow leaks onto her fingers. The first thing she does is start licking. Its normal at first but she won't stop doing it and all my mind can think about is how good she is with her tongue. The thoughts are happy but then I start to feel mini Isaac get excited. I cross my legs and drape my arms over them so no one can see the boner Paulina gave me just by licking her fingers.

"You need to stop," I say and smack her hand away from her mouth.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She says and wipes her hand on the yellow napkin held underneath her s'more. 

I don't answer her. But she figures it out,

"Ooohhhh," she says with a laugh following it. 

"You're disgusting," She says and gets up. Angie looks at m and shakes her head.

"Sorry," I say and she just gets up and follows Paulina.

"Wanna light up?" Tommy asks me while pulling his prerolled blunt from his pocket. 

"Dude fuck no," I say.

"I don't get what happened to you bro. You need to get over Paulina," He says waving his kush in front of me. 

"You know Angie's mom is upstairs right?" I say pointing to the window with the light on. 

"What? Do you think she'll want a hit?" He asks holding up his freshly lit bud.

"Gimme?" Angie says when she walks over to Tommy. He hands her his blunt and she inhales.

Nothing comes out of her mouth but instead, she waves Paulina over to her and they stand face to face. It looks like they're about to kiss when they both pucker up but Angie actually blows the smoke into Paulina's mouth. Paulina never did that with me. Angie lets go of Paulina's arms once all the smoke has been transferred to Paulina's mouth. 

"Thanks," She says to Tommy and hands him his weed. 

"No problem Ang," He says and raises his weed to her as if he's toasting to her. 

"That was hot," I hear Paulina say when she walks away with Angie.

"Thanks, Tommy taught me," Angie responds and when I look at Tommy he has a huge smirk on his face.

"She learned that from you? Dude, you're a plug, not a professor," I say.

"Chill your bitch ass out man," he says. "You really need this," He says and hands me his blunt. 

"I'm gonna take it but I'm not gonna be happy about it," I say and tuck it between my lips. 

PAULINAS POV//

"Look, Angie, I know your tests are next week but you cant keep doing that every time you get stressed," I say to Angie because I've noticed how she isn't afraid to smoke or do anything of the sort nowadays. 

"Don't worry I won't get into that type of stuff Bubba," Did she just give me. nickname? I think she just fucking did. I don't answer because I don't want to stop my heart from happily beating out of my chest after she called me Bubba.