Ch 83

It will Rain~ Bruno Mars

ANGIES POV//

It's not every day someone tells you they like you. It's not every day someone goes from gay to straight. Things have been awkward at school. Very awkward. Paulina has tried to hold my hand several times apparently but I never realized so I brushed it off like it was a gentle hand passing. At school shes quiet. More than usual.  

Next week we have the week off because of Thanksgiving break. I plan to go to Crystal's house for some empanadas and maybe hang out with Paulina.

My phone buzzes and when I flip it over to see the face I see a text from Daniel. He sent it to the group chat that no one has touched since Rio. Instead of opening, I slide down my notifications to read it.

*I'm having a Friendsgiving at my house and you are all invited. It's next Monday.* His text says 

Instead of responding I call Paulina.

"Did you see Daniel's text?" I ask when she answers.

"Hello to you too Angelina," she says in an angry tone.

"Did you?" I repeat dodging her cranky tone.

"Yes. I'm not going," she says simply.

"What? Why not?" I ask.

"Why would I? And why would you? You better not be going," she commands.

"Why don't we all just go?" I say

"No"? she says 

"Let me finish," I say after she interrupts me.

"Why don't we all just go, see what he wants, eat his food and then leave? It'll be like we're spying on him but we doing it in plain sight." I say and she hums into the phone.

"Ok fine. You and I can go as long as everyone else is on board with this idea," she says.

"Oh trust me they will be," I say and she hums again at the sound of my determined voice.

I hang up and I look at my phone to see all the texts I'm getting about the group chat. So far only one person responded to the group chat and it was Sean. All he said was "cool". 

PAULINAS POV// Wednesday 12:42pm

"PAULINA....Paulina.PAULINA" I was woken from my sleep by the sound of someone screaming my name outside my window. I flutter my eyes open and lay still in bed. I think its my mom back from the hospital with my brother. 

"PAULINA" I hear again and I jump out of bed.

"Fuck," I say after tripping over my backpack because I'm trying to find my way through a dark room without letting my eyes adjust. I hastily unlock the door and walk out. I squint my eyes and I get a clear image of Isaac pacing back and forth in front of my house. 

"Isaac what the fuck," I say and cross my arms. When he hears my voice he stumbles and stops in the center of the street. He stares at me with moist red eyes. 

"Paulina..." he slurs and that's when I realized he was drunk. 

"Why are you here?" I ask as he walks closer to me.

"I miss you" he slurs again and starts crying. 

"Isaac go home," I say and point in the direction of his house," 

"I came to see you," He says and struggles to walk over to me.

"Who gave you alcohol?" I ask and he stares at me puzzled.