Ch 74

School starts next Tuesday and today is Monday. When my mom gets home I'm basically forced to go school shopping.

I get up out of bed and trudge my way to the bathroom. I stare at my pale face and fuck with my hair to make it look different. I flip it from side to side and nothing seems to be working. I still look like Paulina. Im tired of this look. My hairs too long and this sixth grade hair part Ive got going on is totally making me question if I'm secretly easy.

I pick up my phone and possibly do the most risky thing in my life. I click on Crystals contact and call her. I know what you're thinking. "Paulina what the fuck" yeah I'm saying the same thing. I just invited myself into the lions den.

"What" she says when she answers my call

"Hey, Crystal, Hey." I begin but she cuts me off.

"Hurry the fuck up Paulina. Speak" she says

"Can you come over?" I ask and fear to hear her response.

"The fuck" she says

"Im tired of how I look and I was won-" she cuts me off. Again.

"Ugh girl same I can't stand looking at you" She says and laughs

"Ok anyways I was wondering if you can cut my hair for me?" I ask and hold my breath until she answers.

"Mmhm" she says and hangs up.

I somewhat lose some hope of changing my look and I mean I would've called Angie but I would like to use this as a surprise.

I sit on my bed and twirl around the lanyard I meant to finish over spring break. I am literally so tired of my stupid hair so I aggressively tangle it into a bun on top of my head.

1:17pm

I hear vigorous knocking on my front door so I get out of bed and answer it.

"Jesus what the fuck hold on" I say right before I open the door to see Crystal.

"Im here for the hair crisis." she says and smirks.

I look around her hips and see a beauticians belt strapped around her jeans.

"Don't you only need scissors? I have those you know" I say addressing her belt.

"What? You think it only takes scissors to cut your hair?" she says

"Sit" she instructs and I sit in my desk chair and let her get to work.

"ok yea this isn't gonna work for me" she says while grabbing amounts of my hair.

"Come on. let's go" she says and drags me by my hair to my bathroom.

"We gotta make a makeshift salon hair sink." she says and slides my desk chair under me. She spins it around and places my hair in my bathroom sink. She turns the water on and its way too hot.

"Ow shit" I say and move

"Shut up" she blankly says and tugs my hair back under the water.

She squirts shampoo on it and scrubs. She digs her nails into my scalp and I can literally feel slices of my scalp getting peels under her fingernails. I feel her rinse out my hair when she accidentally misses my hair and drenches my face.

"Oops" she says and smiles while still wringing out my hair. She conditions and scrubs and repeats twice.

"Sit up" she says and I do as instructed so she can wrap my hair in a towel. She wheels me back into my room and plugs in her hair dryer. I honestly didn't need all of this. I could've just given her my brothers safety scissors and she could've just cut my hair and done.