Ch 99

Dreams~ Fleetwood Mac

22~ Taylor Swift

June 4, 2015

PAULINAS POV//

We graduate tomorrow. My heart hasn't stopped beating out of my chest since this morning when I woke up.

*Hi guys. I know we all haven't been ourselves lately and we haven't talked or hung out like usual so can you guys come to my house tonight? We're just gonna hang and catch up* Angie texts to the group chat that died months ago.

*I'm down* Crystal sends.

*I'll go* Kassidy says

*Me too*Grace sends right after.

*What time?* Daniel asks.

*I'll be there Angie* Isaac sends.

*Ok* Is all I send.

*Right after school* Angie sends.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Hey. Angie, I'll be over in like half an hour I have to pick up my sister," Isaac says to Angie after homeroom.

"K. Take your time," She says to him. I try not looking at him while he walks away to avoid the stray tension.

"I'm walking with you twats," Crystal says and skips next to Angie and me.

The walk to Angie's house is practically silent. When we get to Fulton Angie finally opens her mouth.

"I know you guys are mad at me. You aren't doing a very good job about being discrete," She says.

"Who says we were trying to hide it from you?" Crystal says and I bite my bottom lip because I was trying to be lowkey about it.

"I was kinda trying to hide it from you. I didn't want to already have problems even though I am not ok with you talking to Daniel," I say.

"Yeah but," Angie begins.

"I'm sorry Angie but there is no excuse. Excuse is the moral refuge of a coward and you're afraid Paulina and I will desert you if you admit you care for Daniel in a small way. It doesn't matter that you two aren't together but you still care for him as a person and we have tried convincing you he's shitty and sick but you don't care to hear what we have to say," Crystal preaches.

"You've just been saying that the two of you are going to high school together so why not just be friends. But you don't see through him like Crystal and I do. You care too much about him and that's ok but from a distance," I say.

"I can't just not talk to him. he needs me. I know he isn't all there and he is kinda messed up but when he's with me and we talk he seems normal and put together," She defends.

"Angie, God didn't make Adam for Eve. He made Eve for Adam. That's why Daniel is so emotionally dependent on you," Crystal says and instead of Angie taking that advice I take it.

"He fucked you up. He hurt you, he abused you, He destroyed you. You really want to go back to that?" Crystal adds. I can see liquid spilling from the corners of Angie's eyes. She uses her hand to wipe away the stray tears and sniffles.

"Ok," Is all she says.

"What the fuck," Angie says when we get to her house. Kassidy, Sean, Grace, and Tommy are sitting on her front porch waiting for us to get there.

"Y'all are early," Crystal says to everyone when we get to Angie's front door.

"You said right after school so here we are," Grace says and shrugs.