Ch 60

Love Galore-Sza
Nothing Without Love-Nate Ruess
All I Have to Give-Backstreet Boys
Better left unsaid- Ariana Grande
PAULINAS POV//

What scares me about going back home is the separation. What if all of us never talk again? We're getting older and eighth grade is just one step away from high school. What am I supposed to expect? I can hold onto Angie for as long as I want but eventually she'll want to do her own thing. I'm hanging onto Isaac by a thread and Daniel Hates me more than Ivy does. What if Angie wakes up one morning and realizes that Daniel and I can't control her life and her decisions forever.
Today we're supposed to be going tubing in this jungle not too far from our resort. After breakfast we were driven to the halfway point. The jungle is a short hike away but still I don't want to walk.
"This should be fun" I say with sarcasm written all over my face. I took Crystals advice and wore a one piece today because I'm not showing off anything from under a life vest  and helmet.
About yesterday. Angie's swelling went down which she's happy about because she really wanted to go tubing. We finally make it to the reserved area for tubing. There's this huge stream which I'm sure is where we'll be rafting and a small shack where the inner tubes are kept. A native who works there gets us suited in life vests and helmets and gives each of us a tube.
"Catch you at the bottom slut" Ivy says and bumps into me.
"Let it go either way you'll lose" Crystal says to me and for once she's trying to be nice without purposely being a bitch.
"Are you ok?" Angie asks when Crystal walks away.
"She spent last night rubbing aloe on your dumbass and she has to deal with Ivy today. Of course she's not ok" Crystal says inputting herself into our conversation.
"No I'm fine. Angie's not the problem." I say passively aggressively defending Angie.
"Let me know if you want to talk," Angie says and her fingertips trickle down my arm which sends a shiver down my back.
I'm handed my tube and I follow the rest of my class to where the stream begins. Tommy sits in his tube and slides down first. He cheers and roars as the current pulls him down the stream.
"Ready losers?" Crystal asks and without hesitation all of us gather in a giant tune circle in the stream and let the current carry us. We interlock hands so none of us drift. Crystal, Daniel, Kassidy, Angie, Isaac, Grace and I hold tightly onto each other as the fast pace stream carries us over hills and through waterways.
"Let's take a selfie," Daniel says holding up his selfie stick. Everyone smiles before the current brings us to a pool of water which is the end of the stream. Angie laughs and laughs until the point where she's hunched over. Crystal is cracking up at the fact that we were all screaming and I can't help but laugh because I watched Ivy get decked by stream current.
       It's no secret that I want to see Angie soaking wet under a white Tshirt but that's highly inappropriate especially for her. it's also no secret that Angie is a freak. From the things Daniel has told me I'm in for a huge surprise. Sexualizing my best friend is the least of our problems at this point. I could sit here and spell it out for you but let me just explain a visual aid for you. Daniel, Angie's King. Angie, Daniels princess. Me, Paulina, the fucking black knight in shining armor. Me, the knight, goes to the castle of the King and his princess, takes the princess off her throne next to the king and leaves. the king spends months and  months crying over the loss of his princess whilst the knight and the princess are living as happy as they fucking want to. The king becomes angry with the thought of someone else with his princess therefore he sets out on a journey to have the knight beheaded.
    My point is, Daniel and I could lose our friendship as of me and Angie. Angie is fragile and if I make one wrong move I could have all of her friends out to get me. There are so many possibilities if I attempt to date someone else's girl. I'll wait.
      "Virgin Mimosas anyone?" Kassidy asks walking over to the river pool with a tray full of drinks.

"Kassidy, those are literally just glasses of orange juice." Isaac says talking with his hands.

"Ok Isaac would you like some fucking orange juice ?" Kassidy says with a harsh tone.