Ch 4

By the time we get back to Angie's house., it's 4:00 pm. We don't have that much time to get ready, the ball starts at 7.

"Grab the dresses, I'll grab the makeup!" She demands while running up the stairs

"Ok!" I say

We get not our dresses with the help of each other but the hardest part about putting them on was probably the corset. Angie does her make up first then mine and she curls my hair and pushes it up into a beehive to look like I'm really from 1664. We leave her house and head to school. Here's the funny part, we're two middle schoolers dressed like we just time traveled from the late 1600s running down the street and people are honking and whistling at us. We finally make it to school and we see Daniel and Isaac standing together. Isaac almost fainted when he saw me. I guess I look like a circus clown.

"You look beautiful" he squeals

"Thanks" I blush

"Aww, would you look at that, babe, the Martians finally discovered what makeup and a real date is," Angie says. Can't blame her, she's not wrong

The principal announces that the ball will be starting in less than 2 minutes so we head to the gym and take our places to begin to dance... Crap, Angie never showed me how to ballroom dance so I just take a seat...the music begins to play and I see Daniel walk over to me.

"Watcha doin party pooper?" He kindly asks

"Truth is I can't dance Daniel"

"Well, it's not a hard thing to do. Here let me show you" he says and helps me stand up

"Ok so it goes like this, 1 2 3. 1 2 3 "

I finally get the hang of it and I look over Daniels' shoulder and see Isaac and Angie dancing together. I'm glad because I know nothing is going on between the two of them they're like best friends.

ISAACS POV

"You're doing a great job at this dating thing, you know that right?" She asks me

"I feel like I'm not. It's hard to have someone as great as Paulina and be a douche bag like me, Angie"

"Don't worry about it, you'll do fine. Trust me" she believes in me, she actually believes in me. Angie was always the type of person to be kind and generous to people. I look over her shoulder and see Paulina dancing with Daniel. That's fine because I know nothing is going on between the two of them. The music switches up to another slow song and that's when the ladies twirl into another partners hands.. I get my Paulina.

"Hey," I say

"Hi," she says and looks down at her feet .. Oh great not this again

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she says and straightens her back

The music starts and I hear her mumbling numbers.

"Babe, what are you doing?"

"uh nothing, just counting"

"Why?"

"Cuz counting is fun"

"Ok?"

I look over to my left and I see Kassidy dancing with her boyfriend, Tommy then I look to my right and see Grace dancing with her boyfriend, Brenton.

I look down at Paulina and lift up her chin so that she can look at me. I stare into her big brown eyes and kiss her....hard......

This is gonna be a night I'll never forget.