Ch 81

Glory and Gore~Lorde

Pumped up Kicks~ Foster the People

Angel~ The Weeknd 

Halloween 2014 

PAULINAS POV//

You haven't heard from Isaac in a while. Last month Angie got braces and since then she's dropped a significant amount of weight. She's not baby fat Angie anymore. Thats good. No one cares about him. Today is halloween and I never dress up but because of the new halloween party on the 8th grade lawn I had to. It'd be shitty of me to want to start a revolution but not dress up for one of our biggest parties. The most I doing is what I have one. An orange pumpkin shirt, black jeans and black kitty ears. Im the boss, I cant be too constricted. We called the party Nerdween but the n on the banner was changed to a d. You know middle schoolers. Its lunch right now and I can hear the music from the lawn already. Everyone is in funky costumes and here I am in my mediocre pumpkin shirt. Angie dressed up as a bunny and she looks like the cutest bunny I've ever seen. She threw a pink tutu on to make her bunny look more extravagant than it already is. 

"Are we going to the party today or do you wanna stand at your locker until thanksgiving?" She says surprising me from behind. 

"Oh shit you can't do that" I say and shut my locker. 

"Lets go" I say and walk away from my locker.

"Wait can you fix this?" She asks and turns around exposing her tiny bunny tail.

"This will be like the tenth time today I pinned this back to your ass" I say and grab the tail. Her tutu is so thick I can't even "accidentally" touch her ass.

"There you go" I say after properly pinning her tail back to her tutu. 

"Thank you" she says in a happy tone and we walk out to the lawn. 

"Are you coming tonight?" Angie asks.

"Trick or treating? Yeah I'll be there" I say 

"We're meeting at Tommy's house and going in his neighborhood." she says as if thats a shock.

"His neighborhood is our neighborhood too whats so much the difference?" I ask confused as to why we're going there over all places.

"I don't know but he said he wanted to go egg this persons car and their house." she says and now I'm shocked.

"Who? And why are you going?" I ask going into parent mode.

"Child molester and I don't know, ever since my break up with Daniel I've been wanting tot try new things and stop being such a prude." she says as her face softens.

" Hmm well I don't think its a good idea but what fucking ever I'm down" I say and shrug. 

When we get to the lawn all the freaks are dressed as their favorite comic book themed, story book, fantasy, video games and movie characters. Some are going a little too hard to the music. Thats ok this is their party and we made it happen. In every corner of the lawn I don't just see separated geek groups, I see integrated nerds. The herbalists are finally ok with the robotics kids. The Math geeks and th science geeks are finally bonding.  Its a beautiful unity. 

"MS. Casburn. We humbly approach your heinous in hopes of you accepting our charitable gift of the throne." Amine and Fantasy novel club representatives Ron and Jerry say when the come up to me on the lawn. Jerry is dressed in a Knight in shinning armor costume and Ron is a hobbit. 

"What the fuck?" I say. They bow and their arms point toward the giant chair seated on the stage of the lawn. 

"For me?" I ask and they look up with smiles.