Ch 53

ISAACS POV

It was like when we first started dating. It was like we were strangers. I don't even know why I did what I did last night for her. She saw the side that she was never supposed to see. The weak side. That was when I gave her the chance to use the feelings from her heart and paint a picture of our past on my mistakes. The mistakes I never made. The mistakes she made. This is her fault. She's a fucking seventh grader who insists on trying things with a girl. Angie doesn't love her. Angie has Daniel and Paulina has me. I don't love her. I need her. When I'm not with her it feels like I'm not breathing. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt of being curious but I just can't. I feel possessive over something I lost. Something I'm sure I held onto tight enough that it would never find away out of my grip.

It did.

I find myself constantly evading the problem and even filling my head with useless thoughts which cause it to pound even harder  than it normally does with her on my mind.
She took the paintbrush right of my hand and began to finish the painting we've been mastering for two years. I couldn't stop her. She was my boss. My fantasy. She was my weakness that I denied.

      That morning at breakfast Paulina hadn't even looked at me once. The whole time she had her hand on Angie's thigh and every time Angie moved her hand found a way to inch higher. Angie didn't think much of it except that her best friend had her hand on her leg. I couldn't put my hand on Tommys thigh because that rule works differently with girls than it does guys. I would never go gay just to spite Paulina. Today we have fish shit watching. I don't know. Ms. De Leon said we have to go stare at dolphins for an hour. She said we can even swim with them once we learn about them.
      I assume Paulina saw me staring at the loose knot she has her bikini top in because she looks right at me when she asks Angie to tie it. I don't know if she's mad at me or just wants nothing to do with me now. Angie ties it for her and runs her miniature hands down her shoulders when she's done to make sure the straps are straight. Paulina stops her hands before they can reach the top of the the bikini top triangles and grabs them. She holds her hands right and then let's them go.

  When we're done with breakfast we load outside in the front of the resort. A giant bus leveled high off the ground drives around the driveway and picks us up. The ride to the ocean spot is short and everyone is trying to digest their breakfast fast so they can. Swim with dolphins. Daniel is burping every fourth second and Tommy is trying to finish his last few sips of orange juice which he mixed with muscle relaxers that he bought from the drugstore that lives near the lobby.
       PAULINAS POV
The  whole time my eyes were glued to Angie. I needed to know what is was like in such a wondrous head like hers. The thoughts and secrets she holds. I needed her to show me what it felt like to be wrapped in innocence and sweetness that allowed you to feel at peace with yourself. She was my guilty pleasure and I couldn't help myself with every chance I got. I had to indulge.
    When we made it to the beach, Ms. De Leon handed everyone life vests that we could swim in. She made sure we all had sunscreen and had tightened the strap on our vests. I took off my shirt and halfway between taking off my shorts and slippers my eye caught Angie undressing near Daniel with her back facing the sea. All I could think about was how the early morning sun complimented her golden skin.

My fantasy was interrupted by her dragging me by my right arm and towards the water. "I fucking hate water" I cursed under my breath. Isaac looked at me and instead of being a petty bitch I smiled. He put the I in my name. The love in my heart. The relaxation in my sensitivity and the the work it took to be a damn good boyfriend.

   I used the stepladder that lead into the crystal clear blue waters and climbed into the boat big enough for my class. I turned around instantly and helped Angie get up. That's my job now. She gets on and I put my hand on her lower back and lead her to where I choose to sit. She looks at me with a smile that tells me she's confused. I quickly remove my hand and we sit.
  The coordinator of the sighting turns on his mic and waits for everyone to sit down before taking off. He tells us some shit about how dolphins jump out of surface in the trail of a boat for leverage and other stuff that I zone out for because I'm too busy thinking about how Im going to handle things in the next few months. When the boat comes to a stop in a shallow area with about 12 dolphins circling he tells us to "jump out" before I can finish saying how my ass isn't jumping anywhere I see Angie already leaping into the water. I've been risky this whole time so why stop now. I jump in behind her and wait for instructions. "Now what?" I ask jiving my hair out of my face. "Find a dolphin I guess and swim with it" she says and laughs. When she laughs my heart feels like something warm spilled and I feel the rush of dopamine in my system.
     A few Dolphins swim toward us and she grabs one by where the conductor told them to handle them by. She motions to the Dolphin to tell me to grab hold. I look at it with a stink face but do as I'm told. The dolphin seems nice but not nice enough." Hello wet friend" I say and the dolphin takes off. I start screaming because I'm not sure if it's supposed to be swimming this fast. I hear laugher coming from everyone especially the most important person, Angie. I let go of the Dolphin finally and it feels like I just flew my own plane. Im still shell shocked but manage to swim back to my group in one piece. Thinking about it I laugh but everyone else was way ahead of me.
     Tommy and Daniel try doing the same but their Dolphins don't carry them fast enough. I'll teach them my dolphin magnet skills once I'm done teaching them how to pick up a girl since I'm closer to getting once than both of them.