January 5th

9:15 a.m.

A haiku

Broken petals fall
From flowers in the same way
As tears fall from me

(t.k)

Jimin is curled up in his window seat with his book and his hot chocolate. The snow was so bad out today that classes were canceled. It meant for a possible four day weekend. If the snow was terrible on Friday, they would have to cancel class again. While Jimin secretly loved going to school, he was hoping for the extra long weekend.

He rereads the haiku for a second time before turning the page and continues reading. It has been four days since he was last able to enjoy his book. With school back in full swing, his professors wasted no time in giving a lot of information and assignments. Jimin had spent the past few nights crammed in his room trying to finish them. He was exhausted. So when he found out classes were canceled, he took it as a sign to take a break and have some time to himself.

He grabbed his book, made some hot chocolate and plopped down in his little reading nook on the window seat and began to read. He figured he should probably be reading Wuthering Heights to say he at least completed one of the things on his new year's resolutions list, but in all honesty he just wanted to read poetry.

He took a sip of his hot chocolate, the warm liquid burned the tip of his tongue and warmed his insides. Jimin shivered lightly.

Snow was blowing all around outside. Jimin was sure that if he were to go outside, he wouldn't be able to see what was in front of him. And it didn't look like letting up any time soon. The weather was so bad that Jimin almost didn't notice the boy next door walking into his building.

Almost.

The only reason Jimin can see him is that one; the boy is wearing a navy blue peacoat, and two; his hair is fucking green.

Mint is more like it but still...

Jimin had to squint to see if he was seeing what he was seeing and then he had to run into his bedroom to grab his glasses and then run back out to the window to double check. and sure enough, there he was. Blondie had become Mint in a matter of days.

Jimin couldn't believe his eyes. He had dyed his hair again and Jimin couldn't help but feel attracted to him even more. The green complimented his skin tone nicely and damn, did he ever look good.

Jimin can't keep his eyes off him. What was ue doing outside in the cold? It was freezing outside. Was he going to work? Or school? Was he even in school? Whatever the reason was, Jimin figured he was crazy for even attempting to set foot outside.

The now mint haired boy slipped into his building and out of Jimin's sight. So Jimin went back to his book.

I guess
I know now
why you never
held my hand tight:

Why hold onto someone
you know
you're just going
to let go
right?

(Niocra Kladsflem)