January 21st

6:29 p.m.

I thought you were the one

who kept my head above water

when I was sinking

But now I realize

the only reason

I was sinking at all

was because you were pushing me down

(a.m.)

"Jiminie, put your book away and come play with us." Jungkook whined. He was seated on the older one's couch with a pout. Taehyung was seated across from him on the floor, shuffling a deck of cards. "Hyung, please."

Jimin sighed and closed his book, accepting defeat. Besides, how was he supposed to say to Jungkook?

Jimin stands and makes his way over to them, sitting down at the end of the table, resting his arms on table top. "What are we playing?" He asked.

"Go Fish." Taehyung replied. "Again."

"You win at all the other games Hyung!" Jungkook complained.

"Do not!"

"Do too!"

"He's right Tae, you do win at almost every other card game." Jimin pointed out. Taehyung glared at him as he passed out the cards.

"Who's side are you on?"

"No ones. I'm just stating facts."

Five rounds of go fish later and Jungkook was fed up. "You cheated!" He yelled, frowning. Jimin laughed and rolled his eyes while Taehyung threw his hands up in defeat.

"I did not!"

"Did too!"

"I think someone needs a nap." Jimin snorted, standing up. "You guys want something to drink?"

"No thanks." They chorused.

Jimin nodded and moved to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. As he waited for the kettle to boil, he stared out the window, wishing that the mint haired boy would magically appear.

And he did.

Jimin sees him walking in front of his window, holding a blank white canvas under his arm. He was going to paint. He lifts his head and they lock eyes. Jimin smiled and gave him a wave, in hopes he might return it. The mint haired boy smiled back and waved. "Jimin? Who are you looking at."

Jimin ducked his hair in embarrassment. Taehyung padded over to the window. "Oh. I see."

"Shut up Tae."

"Jungkook come here. Come see Jiminie's lover."

"Taehyung!"

Jungkook bounded over to the window. "Have you talked to him yet?" He asked, looking from the boy to Jimin. Jimin shook his head.

"Not yet."

"Jimin." Taehyung groaned. He crosses his arms over his chest and frowned. "You need to talk to him. It's been two years already, you can't keep admiring him from afar."

"Y-Yes I can!" Jimin protested. He spun around to tend to his cup of tea. But he was too distracted to realize that he put salt instead of sugar. Jimin spit it out in disgust. He poured it down the sink and started again.

"Jimin," Jungkook began. He placed his hands on his shoulders. "Why are you avoiding him? You say it every year that you want to talk to him but you never do."

"I don't want him to hate me." Jimin mumbles. He pouts, looking at Jungkook with an upset expression.

"He won't hate you Jiminie. He's never even met you! And I'm sure he wouldn't be waving and smiling at you from his apartment if he hated you!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Jimin, you're smart and amazing. You're funny and always trying to make others feel better about themselves. You need to stop thinking so negatively about yourself." Jungkook added. He hugged the older boy, squeezing him tightly.

"Thanks Kookie." Jimin said, his voice being muffled by Jungkook's shirt.