March 7th ½

8:30 p.m.

Yoongi and Jimin are currently sitting quietly in the backroom of the bookstore on a large checked blanket that Yoongi had brought prior to their date.

Jimin had just finished reading the novel he picked out, and now they were just enjoying each other's company. "Jimin," Yoongi began, brining his knees up to his chest. He snake his arms around them. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Jimin responded.

"You don't have to tell me... but, what happened... with you and your ex?"

Jimin fell silent, looking down at his feet. Yoongi felt like he just crossed a line. Maybe he was pushing things too far.

"I'm sorry, Jimin, I shouldn't-"

"He..." Jimin cut him off, but stopped himself before he finished.

"He...?"

"He beat me. Him and his friends. On the football field of our high school."

"He hurt you?" Yoongi growled. Jimin glanced in his direction.

"It was a cliché high school romance. Nerd boy falls for the quarterback. Except there was no happy ending. He took me on a date. Placed a blindfold over my eyes and let me out into the football field. I didn't know where we were going. He removed my shirt and... he and his friends beat me until I was black and blue. They left me there. Tae found me crawling towards the bleachers." Jimin paused to take a deep a breath. "He's one of the reasons why I'm so insecure, why I can be so paranoid in some situations. I thought he really cared about me. But in the end... he didn't. He just wanted to show off to his friends. Show them how tough he was."

Yoongi was furious. Why anyone could hurt Jimin was beyond him. Jimin was so pure, so amazing. He was beautiful inside and out. Yoongi crawled over to Jimin, and straddled his lap, taking his face gently in his hands. He leaned down, their noses brushing against each other. Jimin's hands came to rest on Yoongi's waist, pulling him closer. Jimin's lips parted, inhaling the air. Yoongi chuckled deeply. He wasn't going to kiss Jimin. He didn't want to rush into anything now. He wanted to take his time to show Jimin how much he appreciated him. So instead, Yoongi pecked the corner of his mouth. Jimin looked up at Yoongi, and Yoongi looked down at him, staring him in the eyes. "I'd never hurt you." He whispered. Jimin gave him a small smile.

"I know."