January 10th

7:48

so many people

become songs and poetry

but will never know

our world is fully of the ghosts

of unspoken words and memories

Jimin is rushing to get out the door to catch the 7:55 train into the city. If he misses it, then he has to rush to the bus stop. He would have asked Taehyung for a ride but Taehyung had already left for work, and Jungkook didn't have class today, so he was on his own.

Jimin grabs his coat and his bag off the counter. 7:50.

Jimin is halfway down the stairs of the building when he remembers he doesn't have his book. Or his headphones. Or his notebook which contains all his notes for his classes. Jimin makes a pained expression and has a war with himself.

Does he go back to get them and take the bus to school, or does he keep going to catch the train.

Jimin groans and keeps going. His book was going to have to wait. As for his notes, he was going to have to take them on his laptop. Jimin prays he hasn't forgotten that.

↔↔↔

Yoongi is walking past his window on his way out the door for work this morning when he spots Jimin running past the building. Yoongi freaks out for a fraction of a second as Jimin almost slips on a patch of ice and it takes him several seconds to recover. He watches Jimin as he runs down the street in the direction of the monorail. Yoongi chuckles. He knows Jimin is late, or is going to be if he misses that train. He shakes his head, and heads to the closet to grab his coat.

The chilly air nips at Yoongi's nose as he walks down the street. He's breathing heavily and each time he inhales, his lungs are met with an icy blast from the frigid air.

Thankfully for him, the bookstore where he works isn't too far from where he lives. Yoongi often wonders if Jimin has ever been in this store, or if he would enjoy coming here considering he reads all the time. Yoongi often debates on whether or not yet should buy a book and leave it by Jimin's door for him. But he doesn't - partly because he doesn't know what Jimin likes to read - mainly because he's too shy and nervous to.

Yoongi finally reaches his workplace and let's out a breath of relief. White smoke filled the sir in front of him. With shaking hands, he reaches for the doorhandle, cursing when he comes in contact with the cold metal. He forgot to wear gloves.

As he pulls the door open, he catches a flustered Jimin rushing to catch the bus. Jimin is huffing and puffing and he looks tired, yet relieved to see the bus pull up next to him. Yoongi waits for him to climb on before going inside where it was warm.