Chapter 14

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

 Chapter 14: Contemplation on Glory

        He found himself in a very large and dark cave. Full of stalactites and hard rocks. He found himself wearing a very loose robes and it has a few layers. Other than that, he was holding a long staff. A weapon for mages that you would commonly find in RPG and fantasy novels.

How strange.... This is a one very eccentric situation.

" Grand Caster! "

Someone shouted. He turned his head and found himself looking at one of a weird scene. There was a very gigantic spider and 8 little spider – spider spawns from the gigantic Spider Emperor.

The Spider Emperor and the spawns are attacking a group of 4 humans. They were dressed up like those in Dungeons and Dragons get up. A party or group that was killing monsters.

One Swordsman, One Healer, One thief and One ranger?... the last one was using a pistol and bombs.

The one who called him was the Swordsman.

" On it! "

He heard himself answering. Rushing towards them to assist and kill the monster. He raise his hand and his magical staff starts glowing.

[ Magic Missile!! ]

Magical projectiles rushed towards the Spider Emperor and its spider spawns.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

---------------------

Bang!

" Ngh.... So Noisy!!! "

I can feel myself opening my eyes, raising and turning my head for a bit and glaring at where the offending noise came from.

Above the small cabinet, the offending thing still keeps ringing. The cellphone was ringing. My Cellphone... It was a present from my parents during my birthday last year. On my 8th Birthday.

I remembered that I have the alarmed function activated on it before I sleep yesterday. I get up from the bed. From a sleeping position, I was laying on the wall while sitting.

" What?! "

How could it be?! It's already approaching 6:00 am! I have the alarm at 5:00 am.. Ugh.. I guess I was too engrossed in the game yesterday.

And there was also that one weird dream. Welp, looks like my game addiction would be probably kicking up again. I have left it in the past life, but looks like it would come back at me with vengeance.

After a few minutes of dilemma of my condition from past life coming back, my Father entered the room and help me get up. He also took my school uniform before carrying me towards the bathroom.

It was really embarrassing. But I got used to it where my Father or Brother would help me sometimes in the morning. After the bath and helping me with my hygiene and wearing the school uniform, we headed to the kitchen.

" Good morning. "

Mother greeted us both.

" Morning, Ma. "

I greeted back at her. She smiled and ushered my Father to place me in the chair. I noted that there was already a food in the table. My Brother and Sister are already gone.

Sigh, I really haven't woken up very early. Still, I was thankful that I am certain that I wouldn't be late for my classes.

Classes... Yup, that's right. Even at Saturday, I still have my classes. It was a very sad event for me.

I didn't get berated by mother from not waking up too early. Unlike my recent waking schedule, this was just the exact time where I would usually woke up when I am going to school. Because I was playing glory this past few days, I set my alarm clock at 5:00 am in the morning. So that I would have time to play glory before going to school. I am really starting to laying it thick huh.. for the game. Sigh, my game addiction is really going back with vengeance.

After finishing my breakfast, I bid goodbye to mother. She escorted us to the door.

" Take care of Jun Feng, Dear. "

Father nodded his head and helped me get to the car. I was at the back seat and he helped me to have the seat belt since with my measly little body and strength, I was having a difficult time attaching the seat belt.

" Are you ready to go Jun Feng? "

My Father asked at the front seat.

" Yes! "

I answered back at him. While father was driving, my head was occupied by thoughts of homework, the upcoming school competition and Miss Du, quizzes and lastly, thoughts about the game GLORY.

It was just some few days. But since my game addiction was kicking back from my past life, I guess the game glory manage to worm their way through my head.

When I finally arrived the school, my Father escorted me to my classroom. Miss Du was already there smiling brightly. She has a pamphlet on her hands.

I can feel a headache as she greeted me and my father.

" Good morning Jun Feng! Good morning, Mr. Shen. "

My homeroom teacher, Miss Du – apparently, it looks like she hasn't still given up on inviting me to joining some of the competitions in this month of December.