Chapter 119

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 119: Playoffs (Part 6 )

        After the battle with Brilliant Vanquisher, team Radiance sent out their next player, Resplendent Knight. Just like what his name has implied. Resplendent Knight is a player who belongs to a Knight Class.

In the second round, it was still Hao Junya-age who was fighting for us. He requested Zhang Yuan-ge to remain in the second stage.

Zhang Yuan-ge must be surprised by what happened on the stage.

Hao Junya-ge's weapon turned into a joke weapon during the 2nd week of May. It was within the 3rd week that I have given back the joke weapon to him and started discussing the possible or theoretical playing style idea that I have for an exorcist.

During the last week of May, Zhang Yuan-ge was very busy. He hasn't much time to watch our solo practices last week but we have mentioned that we are thinking of a playstyle for Hao Junya-ge.

Did the results surprise Zhang Yuan-ge?

I was there when Hao Junya-ge learned the dig and bury basic skills and invest in the basic skills at the master level.

The more you invest in the skill, the more efficient and powerful it is. Max level dig and bury almost an instant and since it was ic skill, it doesn't require any mana.

Without the Joke weapon, this idea of mine wouldn't be born at all. The most essential part of the playstyle was a weapon that was intended to function as something that can dig the ground, the skills dig and bury, and finally the talismans.

With this playstyle, pure PVP strength doesn't matter. As long as you have those 3 essentials, you would eventually master this eccentric playstyle.

In the second round, since have soon the strategy, the Captain of Radiance has managed to think of some strategy to fight Hao Junya.

As long as Resplendent Knight stays away from those areas affected by talismans, it would be okay, right?

Resplendent Knight was cautious every time that he took a step forward on the holy hill and wait a few seconds before he move again.

On the other hand, Hao Junya-he has expanded his territory much to the despair of the captain of radiance and the other members of the team who were watching Resplendent Knight.

Because of how careful Resplendent Knight is, it took 20 minutes for Hao Junya-ge to lure him into his trap. By that point, almost all of the locations around the holy hill were now like a minefield.

After the 2nd round was won by Hao Junya-ge, he asked Zhang Yuan-ge if he can step off the stage now. Since Sun Xiang have a proper rest, he would replace Hao Junya-ge in the 3rd round.

Stepping into the stage, the next few rounds Sun-gege has defeated his enemies. Since Hao Junya-ge stepped off willingly on his own and wasn't defeated before he was replaced by Sun-gege, team Radiance didn't gain any points from the group challenge.

When Hao Junya-he left the arena, there are still the remaining talisman buried under the ground. Just like Hao Junya-ge, Sun Xiang wouldn't be affected by the effects of it. Sun Xiang decided to take advantage of it.

Defeating the 3 remaining enemies became easier for Sun-gege.

At the end of the group challenge, team Radiance has 0 points while our team has 5 points.

It was now time for the Team Challenge. The Alliance then change the map to a new one.

Rocky Plains

One of the most common and simplest maps that exist in Glory.

It was a map with a neutral advantage to both teams. The map was easy to understand and fairly direct.

Since it was easy to understand and simple, there wasn't much to discover regarding this map.

This would be a fair confrontation between 2 teams.

On our side, the players sent out were Storm Conquest, Moon Ziqin, Twilight Rose, Watchful Hound, and Cross Knife.

For the Sixth player, it was my character Grand Caster.

---------------------------

          After watching the group challenge of Team Radiance and Conquering Clouds, the pro players invited by Chu Yunxiu in their watch-along has various reactions.

For Huang Shaotian, Fang Rui, and Zhang Jiale it was shock and disbelief.

Cross Knife's 1 v 3 against the team radiance wasn't the cause of their reactions. Since he has done a 1 v 5 earlier, 1 v 3 pales in comparison. But some pro players were envious of the player behind Cross Knife's stamina, endurance, and recovery.

He deserves to be the Ace player of the team conquering clouds. But the 3 pro players' disbelief and shock weren't directed toward the player behind Cross Knife but the one behind the exorcist.

What Skyline Express did was like a dream for the pro players. But when Skyline Express left to be replaced by Cross Knife, they confirmed that they weren't indeed dreaming.

What Skyline Express did was completely new and revolutionary.

Not just for the exorcist class but it was like the pro player's view has been completely expanded.

They never thought that basic skills like digging and burying which were only commonly used in quests could be used in that way. For joke weapons to be turned useful.

And a new exorcist playstyle suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

The 3 master tacticians of glory in the group chat were gleaming with various thoughts in their minds. For Ye Xiu, the silver joke weapon reminded him of the myriad manifestations umbrella. Zhang Xinjie was thinking if they have joke weapons in their guild storage, remembering all of the basic skills and thinking of strategies where he can apply those joke weapons and basic skills. Lastly, Xiao Shiqin looks calm on the outside as he pondered his thoughts but deep inside he was nervously thinking about a certain someone.

He didn't forget about what Skyline Express implied during his PVP on the game chat.

' Experiment. Grand Caster... Xiao Feng... '

The ideas that Jun Feng gave to him during the Stars Pirate War mini-game. It wasn't a mere coincidence that Jun Feng have manage to conjure that kind of idea.

It was his mind and him alone.

' .. Terrifying. '

[ Crying Devil (Li Xuan): It was implied that Grand Caster is the mastermind behind the playstyle during the game chat. Do you think he was also a great strategist?

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian): What are you implying?  Li Xuan? Li Xuan? Li Xuan?

Dancing Rain (Su Mucheng): Another master tactician?

Doubtful Demon (Fang Rui): (T _ T) No. Please spare us. God, we don't need another one! We already have 4 scheming foxes.

Dazzling Hundred Blossoms (Zhang Jiale): That's it. Once the right time comes, I'm nerfing the Conquering Clouds. I'm gonna invite the player behind Cross Knife to my team. ]

While the pro players are having a lively discussion in the QQ chat, the team challenge of team Radiance Vs Conquering Clouds has started.