Chapter 127

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 127: The Conquering Cloud's participation value

   In the 2nd week of July 2021, the team members of conquering clouds were added to the Chinese Glory Pro Alliance chat group. As the title have said, members of the group chat are those pro players. And since the conquering clouds won the challenger's league championship, they were also now a pro player of the Chinese Glory pro alliance.

After being added by the moderators of the chat group– the pro players of season 1 (Han Weqing and Ye Qiu), the other pro players notice their addition and have given their greetings.

Some pro players have even started asking about the member of conquering clouds' favorite movies, food, their likes, and dislikes, etc. Chu Yunxiu was the most prominent one under that category. Very daring to ask Meng Qianmei to invite to them a movie or drama to watch along together with her and Su Mucheng.

Surprisingly, the 2nd generation young miss promised that she would watch with them if she has time next month. Chu Yunxiu would wait for that promise to be fulfilled.

As for why Twilight Rose (Meng Qiangwei) wasn't invited to the girl's movie or drama watch along, during the taking of the championship trophy that happened in June in the Challenger's league, all of the members of conquering clouds went to the stage except the user of Grand Caster Ling Ba Shi. It was then revealed to everyone that the user behind Twilight Rose wasn't hot and beautiful Onee-san but a pretty boy dude destroying the dreams of glorious male players. Many male glory players can't believe it until Meng Qiangwei revealed that he has training in voice acting and his specialty skill was voice acting a girl's voice and a very hot and sexy mature mommy voice.

It wasn't surprising that Twilight Rose (Meng Qiangwei) was pretty chatty and active in the pro player's chat group. Despite being not invited to the movie or drama watch the next month, he and Chu Yunxiu got along like a house on fire.

The second among the conquering clouds to have a very active participation value was Hao Junya (Skyline Express) and When Dui Fang (Opposite Balance). They weren't as frequent as Meng Qiangwei who initiate chatting topics but they were very participative in the topics on the group chat. Even cursed ideas or questions that some of the pro players came up with.

Zhang Yuan (Storm Conquest), Yue Ziqin (Moon Ziqin), Wen Qianmei, and Guo Zishi has average participation value.

As for the remaining two members, Ling Ba Shi and Sun Xiang, they have the lowest participation value in the pro player's group chat. Aside from the thanks when they were added to the pro player's group chat, both of them haven't participated in the group chat which was odd for the other players.

Sun Xiang, and from what some of the pro players know of his attitude and observed (watched during the challenger's league championship interview)  so far, his anti-social behavior was expected by some of them.

It was a surprise for Sun Xiang to have managed to get along with his teammates and for the conquering clouds to tolerate his behavior.

For Ling Ba Shi, the pro players were disappointed. In his live streams, it was shown that Ling Ba Shi was friendly. But maybe the online persona that he cultivated was different from the real Ling Ba Shi's personality.

Unknown to them, Ling Ba Shi, known by the members of the conquering clouds by his true name Shen Jung Feng was an active participant in the pro player's group chat. Not just in the way that most of the pro players have expected.

He was online every day, but he has his options of not showing he was online activated and when he would see the chats of the other pro players.

Shen Jung Feng may have not spent chatting with the pro player QQ chat, but he has seen every topic and he was a very active online lurker. This behavior was known by the other members of conquering clouds, they didn't think that this is a good thing to mention to the other pro players.

As to why Jun Feng was only lurking, he doesn't want to be bullied online by a certain someone (Ye Xiu). The battle god's Weibo account may appear so inactive despite having a million followers, but in this QQ chat, surprisingly, Jun Feng found him to be an active participant.

As for the other reasons, remaining lurking was a good way to study the other pro players' behavior. And observe the difference between their QQ chat behavior compared to their Competitive matches attitude. Jun Feng wanted to know if there was any clue that Jun Feng could discern and find by watching their online persona in QQ chat and see if he could use it against them. See if there are any notable quirks and eccentricities that the pro players have.

Yup, this is the reason why the conquering clouds don't want to mention that Jun Feng was lurking in the QQ chat. He was lurking to study things that pro players said and was studying their chats to find interesting things that he thinks that they could exploit. A detrimental personality trait or behavior that can serve as a weakness.

For Example, Huang Shaotian. The ace of blue rain. The infamous trash talker of Glory pro alliance. It was said that no one could match his trash-talking in the glory pro alliance.

Huang Shaotian's trash-talking may be an advantage to him, but it was also a weakness that can be exploited.

For Huang Shaotian, Jun Feng has already thought of several ideas that may or may not work towards Huang Shaotian. It wasn't just Huang Shaotian but also the other members of the Blue Rain.

When it comes to discerning the weaknesses of pro players when it comes to their behavior and personality, Blue Rain was currently Jun Feng's top priority.

As for the reason for that, there was a rule in the pro alliance that one of the two newbie teams and the pro alliance would face the champion of the last season.

The season 6 champion is the blue rain and one of the new team's the conquering clouds.

Since the conquering Clouds have made quite a commotion in the challenger's league and became the first newbie team to become a pro, Jun Feng has a suspicion that the very first match of Season 7 would be Blue Rain against Conquering Clouds.

They have a very low chance of winning and Jun Feng felt that they would lose. But even if they lose, Jun Feng and the conquering clouds would do their best to fight and he wouldn't let the Blue Rain's victory become a complete sweep.