Chapter 16

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 16: Class Change Quest

Saturday afternoon, I log in the game of Glory. I browse through my friend list and got to know that Moon Ziqin, Twilight Rose, Watchful Hound and Cross Knife are all already level 20.

Level 20. It was one of the most important milestones in the game. When you are level 20, you can choose your official class in the game.

I am also looking forward on choosing my official class. But there is only one major problem...

«Your Friend Cross Knife has a message for you.»

«Accept» «Decline»

I sighed as I saw the notification.

«Cross Knife: Fool! What have you been doing at this time? You are still at Level 18?! »

From the content of the message, I can tell that he was angry. Well, seriously... I think that his constant expression is in the state of being angry or annoyed.

«Grand Caster: I haven't enough time to play and level up my character earlier. Sorry 🙇🙇 »

«Cross Knife: How hateful. Anyway, you're annoying. Don't use emojis. »

« Grand Caster: Ok »

I waited for a few moments before a message was sent to me again.

«Cross Knife: We wouldn't wait for you. Hurry up and level up fast so you can catch up and choose your class.»

«Grand Caster: Got it.»

And there was also another message request. This time, it was from Moon Ziqin.

«Moon Ziqin: You aren't still level 20.. 😩Grand Caster (Is it alright to call you Jun Feng?) Cross Knife is pestering me to do our own Class Change Quest. Is it alright for you if we do it now? »

«Grand Caster: I'm fine. You can do it. My fault anyway that I didn't play earlier and do something to catch up. But don't worry. I would do my class change quest once I hit level 20.»

«Moon Ziqin: So, can I call you Jun Feng?»

«Grand Caster: What do you think? Team Leader hasn't reach enough points to call me by my name so casually.»

They got lucky to hear mother calling my name. I really don't have plan on casually divulging my real name on a game.

Even through I have been playing and chatting with them for few days, It wasn't like I can trust them so easily. There are certain cases where people are being taken advantage of because they are too trusting. In case of the Internet and Social Medias, there are a lot of cyber crimes happening around.

Moon Ziqin gives off a nice impression. But it's just been three days. The same could be said for others. I can't let my guard down and let my self victimize by hackers. In my past life because I trusted a guild members and lend him my account, I suffered because of my naive behavior. That bastard from my past life has taken my pet, my equipments, gem and golds. He even sold my character and left the guild never showing his face again. Thus, I was unable to enact my revenge.

«Moon Ziqin: I apologize. Then as a sign of trust, you can call me by my real name Yue Ziqin.»

As expected. He have just one of his names written in English in the game. Anyway, there was something off with Yue Ziqin's name for some reason. But I can't just trust him because he gives me his 'real' name.

«Moon Ziqin: I have already informed the others. Good luck with your leveling and killing monsters. We would do our own class change quest. So, what class would you take? I already know that it was a mage type.  »

Way, to point out the obvious. But before I can reply on his message, he sent out another message again.

«Moon Ziqin: Battle Mage, Witch, Elementalist and Summoner. Which would you choose between those four? The first are one of the most popular classes in Glory. The Second and Third is a good choice.»

As I read the chat, I can't help but feel a weird feeling as I stared at the 1st choice. It was strange that it was giving me a headache. The second choice was also giving me a weird feeling. But it wasn't strange as the battle mage. As for the 3rd and 4th they didn't give any impression at all. I can't help but find it odd.

It's just been a few days since I played Glory. But there are moments when this game would cause me this weird feeling. I would get headaches and feel confused over the unknown feeling.

I want to know what is this feeling. I want to get the bottom of this situation. I don't like feeling confused. But I know that I wouldn't get any answers right now. I can't force my mind and just let myself to wait and feel frustrated over this unknown situation.

It was appropriately to say, that I would just let the nature take its course. It wasn't like my obscure memories from my past are useful in this situation.

Back to the matter, Moon Ziqin or Yue Ziqin are waiting for my reply. Since I entered the game, I instantly decided that I wanted a mage character. In my past life, my main account would be always mage characters in Fantasy Role Playing Games. I also like reading fantasy genre and I am always fond of stories that featured magic greatly.

Truthfully, the first choice the battle mage didn't appeal to me. When playing games in past life, I would always prefer long range or middle range classes. The first one is out, since it features close combat. As for the remaining 3 choices, I thought that I want a challenge this time. If I choose the Elementalist, it was just like the classic mage in my past life. Elementalist is also out. The remaining is Witch and Summoner. Playing witch and Summoner require control and timing. And I thought that the Summoner is harder to use than witch class. But it also didn't feature much usage of magic as I like unlike the Witch Class. There was also a special feature in witch classes in their ability to fly. It was very enticing to choose the witch class.

«Grand Caster: I choose to become a Summoner.»

Yet in the end, I choose the Summoner class because it was much more appealing for me because it reminded me of certain hell game in my past life and that VR Korean Novel.