Chapter 95

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 95: Heavenly Domain Challenge Speedrun (Part 2)

The thread of a certain live streamer became popular in Glory and links to his current live stream were passed around. A certain QQ group chat hasn't also escaped them.

[ Glory - Pro players -chat group =

Rota (Bai Yanfei- Tyranny) shared a link with everyone

Endless Forest (Zhang Wei- Hundred Blossoms): ????

Wind Carves (Zhu Xiaoping- Hundred Blossoms): What's that?

Rota (Bai Yanfei- Tyranny): (>ᴗ•)

Moon- Luring Frost (Du Ming- Samsara ): That doesn't look suspicious at all.

Rota (Bai Yanfei- Tyranny): Why don't everyone check it out?

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian- Blue Rain): WTF was happening?! What is this suspicious look? Is it Porn? Is it Porn? Is it porn?! @ Zhang Xinjie @ Han Wenqing, I thought team tyranny was above such matters! I didn't know that your team was perverted! Look at him sharing such a harmful link! Hey, you! Do you know that sharing porn links would get you banned?!

Rota (Bai Yanfei- Tyranny): Senior...
(╥﹏╥)

Immovable Rock (Zhang Xinjie- Tyranny): What's happening?

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian- Blue Rain): Watch over your Junior!

Rota (Bai Yanfei- Tyranny): (╥_╥) Senior have misunderstood. I wasn't sharing a porn site Vice Captain! I'm just sharing a live stream from Bilibili! It wasn't porn at all! I feel aggrieved right now. (╥﹏╥)

Moon Luring- Frost (Du Ming-Samsara): I clicked the link. It wasn't porn but a live stream.

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu- Excellent Era): It was clear whose mind wasn't clear today.

Dancing Rain (Su Mucheng- Excellent Era): + 2

Windy Rain (Chu Yunxiu- Windy Rain): + 3

Doubtful Demon (Fang Rui- Wind Howl): + 4

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Cloud Piercer (Zhou Zekai- Samsara): +25

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian- Blue Rain): Shut up Zhou Zekai!

Cloud Piercer (Zhou Zekai- Samsara): Disappointing?

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu- Excellent Era): Of course, he is Little Zhou. But if you were talking about if his Captain is disappointed by his behavior, let's see what he has to say. @ Yu Wenzhou

Swoksaar (Yu Wenzhou- Blue Rain): It was unexpected.

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian- Blue Rain): Fuck! Why did Rota even share a fucking live stream link? Isn't it just some FPS shooter games or Warcraft?!

Moon-Luring Frost (Du Ming- Samsara): It is a Glory live stream. The player Grand Caster said that he would attempt a Heavenly Domain Challenge Speedrun.

Troubling Rain (Huang Shaotian- Blue Rain): Speedrun? Fuck, Who the fuck is that Noob? He dares to be arrogant Claiming to Speedrun the Heavenly Domain Challenge, he doesn't know how wide the world is!

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu- Excellent Era): That noob guy called Grand Caster. Hmm... Why does he sound familiar?

Life Extinguisher (Xiao Shiqin- Thunderclap): He was the person you killed during the Christmas Event.

One Autumn Leaf (Ye Qiu- Excellent Era): I have killed so many so I don't remember.

Life Extinguisher (Xiao Shiqin- Thunderclap): The one from the 8th server

Some of the pros in the group chat were interested in the link so they decided to click it while the others don't.

For those who clicked the link, there are a surprise, intrigue, exclamations, and curses when they watched the live stream.

The live stream has also currently 70k viewers and Rex V. Anima's followers become 30k.

{ Wha! So many viewers today... I feel nervous. Ahem! Ahem! I mean, Behold Humans and Mortals! Spirit Overlord has graced you with his presence! I shall retrieve the villager's money bag on the creek! After I get the money bag, he would discover my might and POWER! }

Grand Caster jumped and fall into the water. The bullet comments then exploded and it was filled with laughter and mocking comments. Unperturbed by the comments, Grand Caster merely said.

{ Hmmm... The water is not deep but shallow. The first challenge was testing the players jumping ability. According to the things I have read in the forum, it was impossible to make a guide for this quest portion. The arrangement of the rocks and money location is random. But I wonder if the random allotment is infinite or limited. Anyways, since there wasn't a guide for this quest portion... Which I think was wrong. }

The other viewers were questioning Grand Caster while the others were reminding him to get moving since he was in a speed run.

{ The rocks and money bag location may have always changed but the speed of the rapidly flowing water is always the same. Fun fact fast flowing shallow water is called rapids. Q = vA... Hmmm. There are other ways to measure the stream velocity but logic can't be applied to this game. The creek is shallow but the flow of the water is comparable to a river. It is 2.1m/s. Anyway, even though I know how fast the water is flowing right now it is useless.

This quest portion is testing your ability to jump. The flow of the water doesn't matter as long as you don't fall from the rocks.

Since Glory is a first-person game it was difficult to determine your jump. We don't have our Almighty 3rd viewpoint here. Angle is our friend for first-person view jumps here. Please also be mindful of your distance. For this first rock, I need to jump from the edge of the land and move my viewpoint from a 45° angle... }

One after another, Grand Caster started spouting the distance and angle to reach another rock. Most of the viewers were dizzy listening to him while others were cursing at him.

' Liar! You said before that logic in this game is useless! Why are you solving the game with Math?! '

He then proceeded smoothly with each jump but he was quite unlucky since the money bag spawned in the last rock which was also the 12th rock. Grand Caster then has gone back to the land. The timer was still running since he haven't still managed to reach the NPC quest giver and turned in the quest but some viewers have only calculated the time that he started jumping from the land and have gone back to it after picking up the money bag.

The result of it was 3 minutes and 23 seconds. If only Grand Caster didn't spend his time talking and revealing tips for jumping the rocks, they know that it would be under 2 minutes.

Normal players who have already done this quest portion and have suffered many times before passing feel angry and aggrieved at the same time.

After many years, there was finally a useful tip that was released to the public for the First Quest Portion of the Heavenly Domain Challenge.

Through, this was a tip that some of the players have some difficulty following because of the fucking Math.