Chapter 56

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 56: Browsing

      It was already approaching 9:00 pm when the rookie competition ended. We returned home at around 10:00 pm. After I got home, I was helped by my brother to change my clothes before being put into bed to sleep.

Closing my eyes, not a few seconds after, I instantly fell asleep. It was a tiring and eventful day. The next morning when I woke up, the alarm clock started ringing. Reaching my hands toward the nightstand, I turn off the alarm clock.

Looking at the time, it was 5 a.m. After stretching my arms and wiping the corner of my eye, I reached the swivel chair which was just beside my bed. After the struggle on putting myself in a swivel chair, I move it toward the direction of my gaming corner.

Place on the desk was my computer. It has a flat-screen monitor and a webcam. Then the keyboard and mouse of the computer along with the computer case which was placed under the desk. Other than the basic parts of the computer, I have a microphone and my voice changer– the GoXLR which I mostly use for changing my voice.

It was the one that my brother and sister have given to me in December and told me that it was a 'voice changer'. At that time, I accepted the fact that it was just a voice changer. It was stupid of me. Now that I am better with things, I know that a GoXLR isn't just a voice changer and it does have a lot of functions other than being a mere voice changer. It has a soundboard and also a mixer.

I wasn't proficient in using other technology that I haven't touched in my past life. And lastly, other than my computer setup, as a Glory player, the Glory Log-in device is a must.

After appreciating my computer setup, I opened my computer. I only have a few hours till I needed to eat and start preparing for my school this Saturday.

After opening the computer, I didn't log in to Glory. Instead, I decided to browse the internet and log in to several of my social media accounts and the site where I post my stories.

My first book is already completed.

And now my second book has already 35 chapters online. In my drafts, I have 55 chapters that I have already written. My plan for my second book was to have 700 chapters.

After posting 3 new chapters for the day, I then went to the Chinese Glory Forums. There are several threads about the All-Star Weekends. And the current most popular topic about the All-star threads is the Rookie Competition.

The number 1 thread is about how amazing Zhou Zekai has defeated Su Mucheng. Among the several rookies yesterday, Zhou Zekai is the only one who succeeded in defeating his senior.

Zhou Zekai is indeed qualified to pass the term Rookie since he has been in the league for less than 2 years. Yesterday's rookie competition would be his last experience as a rookie since next year he would be one of those non-rookie players in the Glory Pro Alliance.

Continuing recording the thread about Zhou Zekai and Su Mucheng, several players have called Zhou Zekai a fake rookie. I agree with their opinion since nothing is rookie about him at all.

Sooner or later, Zhou Zekai would be in the same ranks as the God Level players and would be able to bring his team to become champions.

If everything went like the Canon events of the story just like in my previous life.

After looking at Zhou Zekai and Su Mucheng's thread, what followed was looking at the thread of Zhu Xiaoping Vs Chu Yunxiu.

Many players insulted Zhu Xiaoping and thought of him as stupid and weak. Some have reasoned that it was natural that he would lose since he was inexperienced. A hundred blossoms didn't even let him participate once.

One of the current bench-Kun of the Glory Pro Alliance this season.

Followed by insults directed at Zhu Xiaoping, other players started to insult the Summoner Class. They were saying that it was the current second most useless and trash class in Glory. And the one who can beat it in uselessness and trashiness was the unspecialized class.

Reading the comments made me angry.

Summoners aren't useless at all.

But I wouldn't refute the Unspecialized being trash and useless unless there are players other than Ye Xiu who have a weapon that can change forms, then the unspecialized class is trash and useless towards those players including me.

Don't they understand the appeal of the summoner class?! To summon monsters and spirits at your beckoning and calling. An army of monsters at your command.

How cool is that?

Pui! Those cheap-stakes players preferred to choose the summoner class at first because it was easy at the start but then the difficulty of using the summoner class increase the further your level become higher– in the end those players ended up abandoning their glorious accounts and start once again playing as other classes.

Traitors!

The further down I read the comments, the further I find more players dissing the summoner class.

The urge to refute those people are high, but I decided to endure the insult towards the Summoner Class.

There was no use in refuting those people online, it was better to show them a physical demonstration of how useful and glorious was the summoner class.

Someday, I would show them.

Maybe after this all-star weekend, I should start going to the Arena and start on my PVP journey and show them that the summoner class isn't trash.

After a while, I decided to move on from the Chinese Glory Forums and towards my other social media accounts. While browsing I noticed that some people are talking about the upcoming release of a new donghua in our country.

My eyes lit up when I saw the trailer and a familiar donghua that I have watched once in my past life.

[ Fox Spirit Matchmaker ]

Feeling energized and inspired once again, I decided to create a fanart of the upcoming donghua. Later, my father came to my room to help me go to the dining so we could start eating our breakfast together.

While I eat breakfast, occasionally my parents would be asked if I enjoyed going to the All-star weekend which I responded with a positive reply. While talking with them, I wondered how my sister and brother would break the news of my wanting to try to participate in Glory's challenger's league.

Eventually, the breakfast ended and father helped me with things. Arriving at the school, everything went the same as usual in classes.

After the classes and returning home, Sister and Brother are waiting for me to go to once again at the All-Star Weekend.

" Let's go. "

" Yeah! "