Chapter 62

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 62: The pirate war game (part 5)

    While the other members of the team yellow are chopping wood from the trees near the island's shores, Fang Shiqian was accompanying Jun Feng on his island exploration.

He has already picked up 3 health potions, 1 mana potion, and a rifle blueprint.

[ Daddy, Blight of Hope (Rifle Blueprint)

< Ratings >

Reload Speed: 7
Bullet Capacity: 10
Attack Speed: 6
Damage: 7    ]

For a rifle, the attack speed has already exceeded normal rifles in Glory which only have an attack speed of 2 or 3. Xiao Shiqin could use this weapon later in his 2nd life once he has chosen to be a Mechanic Class.

For now, in their first life, they were just all level 20 unspecialized with the most basic skills in their arsenal.

The only problem is the name. Why did the glory developers name one of their weapons like that? Xiao Shiqin hopefully would just endure the weapon's name and not mind them.

While they were walking, Jun Feng sprinted when he noticed a random item lying around in the distance.

" Got it! "

Fang Shiqian followed after him and asked.

{ What is it? }

" I got 5 pieces of Cold Iron. It is said that I can convert one cold iron into 10 normal metals. "

In real time, Xiao Shiqin who was beside Jun Feng then said to them.

" Good, we wouldn't worry about our lack of metal. We could smelt the Cold iron into a normal metal for the ship. "

Nodding his head, Jun Feng responded.

" We would continue our exploration. "

When it was already approaching sunset on the first day of the game, Jun Feng and Fang Shiqian collected a lot of materials. But they never returned to the shore of the island where Xiao Shiqin and the others were building the ship. Instead, they choose to continue their exploration at night deeper into the island.

But before that, they occasionally make sure their characters rest or cook the meat or food that they got. Most of the food on them right now is meat which they acquired from killing boar, wolves, rabbits, and deer.

Fang Shiqian and Jun Feng's characters have eaten roast rabbit meat after roasting them at the campfire.

Meanwhile, Xiao Shiqin, Tian Sen, and Sun Xiang have eaten roast fish.

The developers of glory have put fatigue and hunger into this mini-game. It feels like a survival game with these features added to the mini-game.

After eating, Fang Shiqian and Jun Feng continued their travels. Xiao Shiqin and the others also decided to do their exploration since they have gathered more than 500 woods for the ship.

Eventually, both Jun Feng and Fang Shiqian left the forest part of the island and they were approaching the mountains. In the distance, they could see a cave. They decided to approach the cave with Xiao Shiqin's permission.

[ You found a mini-dungeon.

< Enter >    < Don't approach >  ]

" Mr. Xiao we found a mini-dungeon. Should we enter? "

Xiao Shiqin who has currently found a blueprint for Cannonballs, Cannonball projectiles glance at Jun Feng's screen.

" Okay. Remember to be careful and stay with Fang Shiqian. "

Nodding, Jun Feng and Fang Shiqian entered the dungeon.

All of them in their first life are level 20 unspecialized and only have the most basic skills like jump, run, sprint, leap, swim, climb, pick up, grab, etc. The Combat skills only consist of the most basic things like slash, stab, punch, kick, whack, and throw. There are not even basic magic skills like a fireball from the mage class or other things that would be useful.

Xiao Shiqin hopes that the monsters they would encounter in the dungeon are just beginner-level monsters.

Entering the dungeon, Fang Shiqian and Jun Feng are welcomed by the sight of human skeletons and animal bones in front of the dungeon.

[ You have found the lost refugees dungeon (level 5-10) ]

" Level 5 and 10, we will not die as long as we don't do anything stupid. I will lead the front. "

Fang Shiqian muttered. He decided to be the one to take the lead forward. In case something unexpected happens, he could take action and prevent the kid from dying.

" Okay. "

Jun Feng responded as he took out his staff. Casting a spell, he used a magic spell.

[ Light ]

Just like the description implied. It is a spell that cast light. Just light that isn't harmful to players or wouldn't do any damage to monsters.

The top end of the staff or wand would light brightly serving as a flashlight or it was like those lumos spell in harry potter.

" It is dark here in the dungeon Mr. Shiqian. I would light up where you will head. "

" Thank you. "

A few moments later, 3 skeleton monsters appeared in their way. Noticing them, they immediately headed toward them.

Fang Shiqian dodged one of them before swinging the basic sword forward to the skeleton's head.

[ You killed the Cursed lost refugee Nicholas ]

[ You gained 10 gunpowder ]

Once again Fang Shiqian dodged another skeleton monster by tilting his body slightly to the left. He then kicked the skeleton before stabbing its head

[ You killed the Cursed lost refugee Jessica ]

[ You gained Rare Hammer Blueprint ]

Approaching the last skeleton, Jun Feng whacked it with his shining staff.

[ You killed the cursed lost refugee Jessie ]

[ You gained the special item 'possessed teddy bear' ]

Even though Light was a harmless spell, weak undead monsters would be still affected by the light spell.

After encountering those 3 skeleton monsters, they encountered more than 5 skeleton monsters which they have killed before arriving at the last room of the mini-dungeon.

A pale and gaunt bald man that was almost skeletal and dressed in tattered black robes was waiting for them in the last room.

{ Master! Master!..  }

A distorted and hoarse voice came from the man.

{ Another sacrifice came for Master! }

[ Devoted Heretical Lackey- Level 10]

Changing his weapon to the basic stuff, Fang Shiqian approached the mini-dungeon boss with his staff and cast a light spell.

Jun Feng soon joined him in whacking the boss with their staff until he was beaten to death.

For a guaranteed measure, which was completely unnecessary, Jun Feng decided to whack the boss's corpse 15 additional times.

After collecting the boss drop, Fang Shiqian have given Jun Feng a strange and complicated look. Even Xiao Shiqin who was beside him was giving him one.

Seeing the awkward atmosphere inside the booth, Sun Xiang sighed but decided to ignore it. Sooner or later, they would get used to Jun Feng's odd quirks and behavior in-game. Jun Feng was once again slipping in towards his roleplaying mode once again.