Chapter 69

AN: It's annoying that when I needed my damn stylus pen, I can't find it.

It's been a long time since the cover of this fanfic that I made. I think I need to change it and I can't find my stylus pen. When you need something, you couldn't even find it even knowing in your mind and certain that you have put that object in that damn place.

Ignore the chapter's number.

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 69: The Pirate War Game (Part 12- End )

   When the pirate war mini-game ended, all of the players who participated saw the leaderboards for each category which wasn't stated in the rules, or the host had informed the participants.

[ Team Rankings

1. Team Yellow
2. Team Red
3. Team White
4. Team Black
5. Team Bronze
6. Team Blue
7. Team Green     ]

[ Player Rankings

1. One Autumn Leaf Alt
2. Life Extinguisher Alt
3. Desert Dust Alt
4. Peaceful Hermit Alt
5. Aweto Alt
6. Scene Killer Alt
7. Immovable Rock Alt
8. Swoksaar Alt
9. Desert Dust Alt
10. Troubling Rain Alt
11. Vaccaria Alt
12. Dancing Rain Alt
13. Cloud Piercer Alt
14. Cross Knife Alt
15. Windy Rain Alt
16. Crying Devil Alt
17. No. 1 Eldritch Lore Fan Alt... ]

[ Achievements

The Captain => Life Extinguisher Alt
The Ace => One Autumn Leaf Alt
Marksman => Cloud Piercer Alt
Repairman => Skyline Express Alt
Craft Master => No. 1 Eldritch Lore Fan Alt
The Robber => Troubling Rain Alt
Lumberjack => Dazzling Hundred Blossoms
Inventor => Life Extinguisher Alt
Cook=> Windy Rain Alt
Navigator => Vaccaria
Looter => One Autumn Leaf Alt  ]

After looking at the rankings, everyone who is in the booth right now started hearing the voice of the host through the speakers inside the booths.

" Now let's give the participants a round of applause everyone. This is the first time that the Pirate War Mini game has been released publicly. The Glory developers would be delighted with the results of the mini-game and knowing that it was successful and without any errors... "

The host then pauses before announcing a surprise to the audience and the players.

" All of the participants of the mini-game would receive 10,000 gold coins sent through their glory accounts. For the audience participants please cooperate with the staff later to receive your 10,000 gold coins reward. "

Including Jun Feng, the other audience participants nearly choked when they heard the number of gold coins. For average players, their gold coins average about 1000 to 2000 gold coins. Jun Feng who was level 50 below has 1357 gold coins in his account before it was wasted away when spending all of it on materials for creating silver weapons for the Feudal Blacksmith.

In the end, Jun Feng failed in his quest. That is just one of the many ways in which the Feudal Blacksmith has screwed his game life.

Hearing the reward of 10,000 gold, it was God's send for him. And usually, players that have 10,000 gold coins belong to players in clubs or those who were in Glory professional alliance.

" And for those people who receive achievements in the game, the game developers would send a gift box that would allow you to receive random items from the pirate war mini-game. But please remember that the item would only be used for a limited duration of time. "

Jun Feng's heart skipped a beat when he heard those words.

" And for the top 10 of the mini-game, you could choose to request one material or weapon to be sent to your original account.... "
And then the team yellow heard the host's last surprise.

".. And for team yellow, the dark horse who has won the mini-game, could you all please go out of your booth and go back to the stage? Everyone, let's give a round of applause for the winner of the Pirate War Game!"

When team yellow got outside, they could hear the claps and cheers from the audience as they move to the stage.

Smiling the host then bring forth the microphone in front of Xiao Shiqin and asked.

" Mr. Xiao as the captain, do you have anything you want to say? "

" I gambled and I won.."

There were a few chuckles from the crowd. Continuing, Xiao Shiqin spoke.

" I was uncertain about the plan since I  wasn't guaranteed that it would work. But I decided to take the gamble with this new plan instead of my previous plan that was bound to fail and wouldn't ensure my victory."

" What your team has done Mr. Xiao is something EXTRAORDINARY and we have seen you shine once again in your specialty even though none of the others have expected you to pull off something from an unfamiliar environment. "

Glancing at the other members of his team yellow, Xiao Shiqin felt glad and sad at the same time.

" The credit isn't all mine. I wouldn't come out with my plan if Xiao Feng didn't bring an idea that inspired me. It made me learn how different the perspective of an adult and a child..."

" Oh? "

The host looked at Jun Feng who later waved hesitantly before turning his head down.

" It was gratifying to learn how boundless the creativeness and imagination of a person... And it also made me happy that the Glory Developers were trying to improve the game and continuously broke their restraints. New features in the game, no matter how small it is, could turn into something groundbreaking. Every new experience in Glory is enthralling and something that shouldn't be forgotten. "

The audience clapped after Xiao Shiqin's words. The host then decided to move on and then asked Tian Sen and Fang Shiqin questions. After a while, the host decided to ask Sun Xiang questions through the latter replied with short answers.

Jun Feng knows that Sun Xiang was being careful and paying attention to the words that he would say so that he was avoiding running his mouth afoul again. The atmosphere was a little awkward. Moments later, the host decided to move on to asking Jun Feng questions. Jung Feng felt nervous.

Thankfully, the host started with something that Jun Feng was very comfortable answering.

" Little brother, we have noticed your temporary account name and some of the words that you have said, are you perhaps a Lovecraft mythos fan?"

Eyes lit up with excitement, Jun Feng responded enthusiastically and went into a brief discussion of the Lovecraft lore mythos, and his love for horror stories, movies, and games. And he was also aware that his taste in stories is age-inappropriate for his age.

Later, after asking Jun Feng several questions, the host announced Team Yellow's reward.

" Each member would be given a blueprint of a level 70 silver equipment of their choice by the Glory Developers through the game, 10 very rare level 70 materials, and any one thing except the ships from the mini-game which wouldn't be limited and can be repaired. But please expect that some items would be degraded. "

Raising his hand like he was in classes, Jun Feng asked.

" Can I have one of those level 100 monsters taken out from the mini-game? "

Sweat dropping, the host hastily replied in a panic.

" No! "

" ... Aww. "

Jun Feng said with a disappointed tone.

Later, the mini-game part of the event ended, and Jun Feng decided to return home early alone with his brother and sister.

Unfortunately, Jun Feng couldn't come during day 3 of the all-stars weekend since he caught a fever once again

Cursing, the winter season sucks for Jun Feng.