Chapter 126

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 126: Mistaken as an extra

       Within a park in B City, some crowd was gathered in a certain spot watching important proceedings. Today, a filming crew was at the park to shoot a certain scene for the movie.

Among those bystanders was Shen Jung Feng accompanied by his parents and sister. They weren't here to watch but to wait. Specifically, Jun Feng. He was waiting for the director to talk with him.

" And cut!! Perfect! Now prepare for the next scene! Miss Xingwei, Mr Lan Ren you're up! "

When he was informed by his brother and sister that the owner of the publishing company wanted to meet him. He ended up asking if the owner could be trusted.

" Silly Feng-er, we wouldn't consult you here right now and would just reject the owner if we thought he can't be trusted."

" From our observations so far every time that we interact with him, the owner is a decent man who shows integrity."

Since his brother and sister have given a pass on the character of the owner, Jun Feng ended up deciding to meet him and wonders what the owner wanted from him.

During the meeting Jun Feng, the owner of the publishing company Mister Huang was surprised. But in the end, Mister Huang regained his composure and informed Jun Feng of why the owner Mister Huang needed his presence after testing his intelligence.

A director was interested in his book.

So now they were here in this park while Jun Feng was hoping on talking with the director.

Since there was a current break right now, an opportunity has arisen for Shen Jung Feng to talk with the director. Accompanied by his father, they approached closer to the scene.

One of the staff eyed his father suspiciously but after seeing Jun Feng in the wheelchair, his suspicion disappeared.

" Ah, so you're the extra? Miss Xingwei and Mister Lan Ren would be finished soon in their preparation."

The staff then asked Mr. Shen.

" You're his father? The Director reassured you that you would be paid for your child's appearance. But you're so fast in making sure your child was already in the wheelchair. Mister let me guide your scene to the set but you are free to also watch beside the other staff. "

Mr. Shen and Jun Feng felt confused at first. But when Jun Feng was being taken away to be dragged into the set, they already had an idea of what was going on.
Shen Jung Feng is mistaken as an extra.

The father and son exchange glances like they can't believe this kind of thing was happening to them right now. Like it was some kind of joke. Mr Shen doesn't have a chance to refute since the staff has been continuously talking and when Mr Shen has regained his bearings, Jun Feng was already in the presence of the director and the actress Miss Xingwei.

" Good. The earlier that we finish the better."

Glancing at Jun Feng, the director asked.

" Kid, how old are you?"

" I'm 9."

" Do you know how to at least pull a little convincing act? But since you're an extra that the staff have chosen it's okay if you don't. "

Observing the director, Jun Feng noted that the director is in his middle 20s. It was uncommon for Jun Feng since he know that directors are around in their 40s and up.

' Is he perhaps a new director? '

Jun Feng wanted to talk about the director about his book right now but since he was pulled into this by the careless staff and looking around, he doesn't see any of the staff bringing a child in another wheelchair, he was gonna wing it.

" So, Mister what is my role?"

The director was surprised when Jun Feng asked him. He thought that Jun Feng would be too nervous in his presence. But upon hearing Jun Feng's question, the director was surprised.

" You don't know?"

Chuckling, Jun Feng replied.

" Could I have more specific detail?"

" I see. Then let me explain to you. We are shooting a supernatural horror mystery drama tv show that was currently in its first 2 episodes on television..."

Jun Feng nodded his head. The director continued.

" You are a kid who was murdered and had their body thrown in that pond. You would be then approached by Miss Xingwei. I need to hear the lines Are you lost, Miss? and have some lines convincing and insisting Miss Xingwei on staying at the pond, and in the end, when Mister Lan Ren arrives in the scene,  you would push Miss Xingwei into the pond. "

After hearing, the director's explanation, Jun Feng clarified.

" I'm a ghost? "

" Yes. "

" Would be Miss Xingwei alright if I pushed her into the pond? "

" Yes. I am not someone who has picked a choosy artist. When I tell them they would do it, then they better fuc– do it. "

" Okay. I think I got it. "

The director glance at Jun Feng with a dubious expression. The director then declared to everyone.

" Okay, we would start. I don't expect everyone to perfect it to the first take. But even with mistakes, we would start from the beginning to the end of the scene and discuss the things that we could improve. "

Everyone then started to get into their positions. Even Jun Feng was guided by one of the staff near the pond. The artificial fog makers then started working. Today was very early in the morning and the sun wasn't still rising. When everything was ready, the director then shouted at the start of the filming.

" ACTION! "

Jun Feng was dressed in white long sleeves and white pants today. He has a thick and long red scarf covering his neck. It must be the reason why he was mistaken as an extra since the extra needed to be dressed giving a vibe of a ghost or a dead person.

Jun Feng then started humming.