Chapter 60

AN: second or third-person view in this chapter even though most of the points of view here are from Jun Feng. I needed it since there would be another point of view in this chapter.

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 60: The Pirate War game (Part 3)

    When the host finished asking all of the lucky audience on the stage, except for Ye Xiu, All of the pros of all stars stepped onto the stage to meet their teams.

Xiao Shiqin, Tian Sen, and Fang Shiqian greeted both Jun Feng and Sun Xiang.

" It's a pleasure to meet you, Misters. I would try my best to not become a burden. "

Jun Feng returned the greeting with a smile on his face and Sun Xiang nodded. Observing them, he noted that Xiao Shiqin looks like an average-looking office worker. He also gives a smart and knowledgeable demeanor with his glasses on.

Tian Sen on the other hand looks like he was someone who doesn't belong in Esports gaming but a body athlete with his stacked body and shaved hair. Thankfully, he wasn't bald or Jun Feng wouldn't be able to keep his eyes off his head.

Then there was Fang Shiqian. He was in his early twenties and above average appearance. He has gray hair and eyes. Unlike Sun Xiang, who Jun Feng suspected to have dyed his hair blond, Jun Feng thought that his hair is gray.

Hearing Jun Feng's words towards them, Xiao Shiqin smiled and reassured Jun Feng.

" Thank you, little brother. However, the important thing is to enjoy the game.

Tian Sen agreed.

" That's right. Simply play and appreciate the game. "

Jun Feng didn't bother to reply when he heard those words. On the other hand, Sun Xiang scoffed when heard reassurance from Xiao Shiqin and Tian Sen.

" Fools... "

Sun Xiang muttered to himself.

" Did you say something Xiang-didi? "

Fang Shiqian asked with his eyes narrowed towards Sun Xiang. The latter ignores the penetrating gaze directed toward him.

They were belittling Jun Feng because he was a child. They didn't believe him in his words that he would try his best.

' Let's see all of your expressions later. '

A faint smirk formed on his face.

Later, after all of the teams talked to their teammates. The host called the attention of the participants and the audience.

" Now that the players have gotten to know each other a little bit, let's shall explain most of the significant rules and reminders of the pirate war game! "

The screen in the stadium showed the general map layout of the game.

[ Safe Island & Grace Period ]

" The islands of each team are safe where other players can't attempt to enter other team's islands and kill them. There is a 3-day grace period where each team could build their ships, and gather materials and items before sailing. After the grace period, all the teams must leave the island since it would start sinking on the 3rd day's sunset. "

Five people were then shown on the screen.

" Each team would choose a captain and an Ace for their teams. A captain is a captain. A captain can't be the ace at the same time and the same how the ace couldn't be also the captain. "

Various equipment is shown on the screen.

" A reminder, equipment, and materials could be made and crafted. If players were lucky, they could find materials, equipment, and special items on their islands. Equipment and Materials also have tiers. Everything can be upgraded. "

A red moon symbol was then shown on the screen.

" Please be reminded that nights are dangerous on the sea. Who knows what is lurking under the sea? Also, I hope everyone would be lucky that the system wouldn't generate any blood moon since it was 10 times worse than the normal night. "

The screen showed an enemy player getting away from the ship carrying a big sack on his back.

" Enemy players can rob you of your materials and equipment so please be careful of your enemies. "

3 hearts were shown on the screen.

" Each player can only have 3 lives. After they were killed 3 times, they were out of the game. "

A sinking ship was shown on the screen

" If players have still life but their ships have already beyond repair and sank, the team would automatically lose the pirate game. "

On the final screen, there was a question mark.

" Everyone would be in surprise and find some things are different. Good luck everyone! Please enter the team-colored booths which are located backstage. Team 1 is white, Team 2 is yellow, Team 3 is red, Team 4 is black, Team 5 is bronze, Team 6 is Green, and Team 7 is Blue. "

After the announcement, the crowd cheered for the pros and lucky participants.

Following Xiao Shiqin backstage, Sun Xiang helped Jun Feng. Tian Sen then approached Sun Xiang and asked.

" Do you want help? "

Looking at Tian Sen's body compared to his own, Sun Xiang nodded.

" Okay, Tian Sen. It would be faster."

Compare to Tian Sen, Sun Xiang looks like your average Joe even though he exercises twice a week.

" Sun-gege, how rude! "

With a mocking expression, Sun Xiang said to Jun Feng.

" Rude? Never predicted you to be a hypocrite Jun Feng. You have no filter in the game. Why are you acting so courteous right now? "

Sun Xiang asked with a cruel smirk. Jun Feng flushed when he heard Sun Xiang's words.

" Mr. Sen is older than you! He's your elder, you should respect him. "

Tian Sen felt attacked when he heard the word 'elder' and decided to interrupt.

" Feng-didi. I'm still young. It's fine if Xiang-didi wouldn't call me Gege or senior. "

Fang Shiqian who was listening to them bicker asked curiously.

" You know each other? "

Both of them nodded their heads.

" Sun-gege is my online friend. We're also guild mates. "

" You're a lucky kid that you know each other. "

Jun Feng smiled brightly when he heard that. On the other hand, Sun Xiang who heard the word lucky scoffed inside his mind.

Lucky indeed.

It may unknown to Jun Feng, but every time he was in the dungeon run with them or any other members of the guild, the frequency of encountering any hidden bosses in the dungeon is quite high.

While he was thinking those thoughts he suddenly remembered one of Meng Qiangwei's advertisements for their guild.

{ Join the Conquering Clouds! We have the one and only Grand Caster Charm in Glory! Run Dungeons together with a Grand Caster Charm! 100% guaranteed hidden bosses would appear breaking your dungeon speed run! Join now and call Storm Conquest! }

A few minutes later, the five of them entered the booth yellow backstage. Five computer sets up were inside.