Chapter 64

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 64: The Pirate War game (part 7)

   The blood moon is slowly rising in the night sky. The waves of the sea suddenly turned calm and still. But instead of being happy about this fact, team yellow wasn't.

" No! "

Suddenly, the other members of the team yellow heard Xiao Shiqin exclaiming. They turned to look in their captain's direction in the game. Xiao Shiqin has no time to explain to them. While staring at the map, he started to rotate the gallery of the ship controlling it.

Jun Feng and Tian Sen decided to look at their captain's monitor. While steering the ship, their captain was holding the map of the whole stage of the pirate war game.

Out of all the members of each team, The assigned captain would be the only one given the map. On the map, all of the teams wouldn't see the other locations of the teams. But despite that, it has an important other function.

When Jun Feng and Tian Seng stared at their captain's monitor, even Jun Feng who was happy about the tentacles earlier wasn't happy when he saw what was revealed on their map.

Several blinking red dots were near their ship.

The map also serves as a Sonar tracker for their monsters.

Jung Feng's face paled when he saw the several blinking red dots surrounding their ship.

Jun Feng could admit that he was scared of their current situation. This is slowly turning into a survival horror game.

" Everyone, prepare to defend the ship and fight. "

Xiao Shiqin muttered. Everyone immediately followed with all of them heading toward the ship's Cannons while loading them with round shots.

Away from now their previous position, Xiao Shiqin wasn't relieved. Suddenly, the still and calm ocean started gaining waves again. This time, the waves were more erratic. Gigantic tremors could be felt and a strange sound suddenly echoed on the sea.

It was like a distorted whistle and howl mixed.

From the previous spot of the ship, the water started bubbling. The waves rose higher and higher until something monstrous and huge came out.

A gigantic snake-whale-like head came out of the spot. Filled with long and sharp teeth. Possessing a long snake-like tongue.

[ Cetus - Level 100 ]

" What the fuck?! "

What the fuck indeed glory developers. Jun Feng thought inside his mind. The current max level for players in Glory is 70. Why the hell is there a level 100 monster in this mini-game?!!

The monster's crimson pupils then suddenly moved and turned slowly in their direction. Because Glory is a first-person point-of-view game, the effect is much worse. With amazing cg and effects, the monster looks as realistic as possible.

" Crap! crap! crap! "

Fang Shiqian exclaimed just like what they thought in their minds. They all feel shivering in their spine.

Glory was supposed to be a fantasy RPG game. Not this ocean horror monster survival game!

Cetus's head which was facing the night sky moved and turned. Its head was now facing the direction of where its ship are currently located and driving away from Cetus.

Odd trill sounds came out of the monster's body before it opened its mouth and jaw wider. It has several teeth inside its mouth.

And the long snake-like tongue split into 3. Is it even appropriate to describe those alien body parts as tongue at all?

With its jaw and mouth wide open, it then started heading slowly toward their direction.

Then the monster started working its mouth like it is doing a sucking, chewing, and gulping motion all at once inhaling water towards its body.

If the monster gets closer to them, their ship and along with all of them would be pulled towards the monster's mouth. They don't want their ship and them to be put into that monstrous meat grinder.

While increasing the speed of the cargo to the max away from Cephus, Xiao Shiqin then declared.

" Shoot it with slow and sleeping cannon projectiles. "

Immediately, the four members of team yellow swept into action. Putting barrels into cannons like there is no tomorrow and pulling the notch of the cannons to shoot at the monster.

Within the first 3 to 5 shots, it seems nothing is happening.

" It's not effective! "

Sun Xiang said gritting his teeth in frustration and glaring at the Cephus with killing intent.

" Keep going! "

Xiao Shiqin commanded steering the ship and looking at the map in his character's hand at the same time.

He made sure that while Cephus was chasing them, he wouldn't attract the attention of the other horrifying and unknown creatures under the sea.

They don't need another terrible and horrifying gigantic sea-deep monster chasing after them.

When they reached 20 shots with their sleep or slow projectiles, that's when the projectile's abilities started to take effect. The monster slowed and it keeps blinking its eyes before the monster turned its head raised toward the sky again and sank to the sea.

After a while, the red blinking dot indicating the monster disappeared from Xiao Shiqin's map. Everyone sighed in relief.

" We survived. "

Tian Sen said in relief.

" It's not over yet. "

Xiao Shiqin said as he started at the other red dots on his map.

" We need to avoid drawing the monsters to us the entire night to survive. "

All of them agreed with Xiao Shiqin.

' It was like I am playing subnautica again. '

Jun Feng thought inside his mind. Sun Xiang saw that Jun Feng is silent and asked.

" Is something wrong? "

Jung Feng shook his head and answered.

" I just have some silly thoughts. "

While looking at his monitor, Jung Feng frowned and asked.

" How come no one has died? "

After asking the question, several notifications rang out on their monitors at the same time.

[ Mimicking Hill Alt loses his 1st life ]

[ Sweeping Leaves Alt loses her 1st  life ]

[ Crashing waves Alt loses his 1st life ]

[ Shadow Mirror Alt loses her 1st life ]

[ Bamboo Heaven Alt loses his 1st life ]

[ Dazzling Hundred Blossoms Alt loses his 1st life by falling into the mouth of Charybdis ]

[ Troubling Rain Alt Real loses his first life by being pulled into the mouth of Charybdis  by Dazzling Hundred Blossoms ]

Jun Feng was dumbfounded when he saw the notifications. Calming his head down, he muttered under the complicated gazes of his temporary teammates directed at him.

" I think... I better shut my mouth. "