Chapter 23

Arc 1: Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 3: Joining a Guild

       Yue Ziqin didn't expect the Monday afternoon to be different. In the last few days, he got to know that Grand Caster whose real name was Shen Jung Feng was a student. After their short dungeon runs in the morning, their teammate would log out and go to school. Around afternoon, Grand Caster would meet them again and team up again.

Cross Knife find it to be bothersome. But Yue Ziqin find that it was worth to wait to invite Grand Caster on their team.

It wasn't also like that they spent their whole time on Glory. Even some of them didn't attending school, they have also their part time jobs. For Yue Ziqin he was a part time worker on a pet shop. For Watchful Hound, he would always take care of his cousins children in the morning. There were times for Twilight Rose where she would spend her time attending some kind of workshop. As for Cross Knife, he still doesn't know his circumstances. He got defensive when asked of his situation reasoning that they weren't close and Yue Ziqin doesn't need to know his real life circumstances just because of a game.

Yue Ziqin knows that Cross Knife has some kind of problematic behavior. He was prone to anger. And from what he heard from him, he obviously sound younger than Moon Ziqin and Watchful Hound.

Yue Ziqin apologize for his behavior after he have poked a sore spot from Cross Knife by asking a question by his real life circumstances. He was also glad that Cross Knife didn't appear to bear a very deep grudge and just appear to be temporary annoyed at his prying. Yue Ziqin decided to just let Cross Knife keep his secrets and circumstances. He would learn it once Cross Knife was ready to divulge some of his circumstances to them.

The same could also be said to Grand Caster who still refuse to speak and remained chatting as a way of communication.

This Monday afternoon, Yue Ziqin expect that it would be normal days. When Grand Caster went online and arrive in front of the entrance of the Frost Forest Dungeon, Yue Ziqin didn't expect to find something else would turn out different.

{ Grand Caster, you're finally online! }

{ How was school? }

{ Great, Team up with Moon Ziqin now. }

The 3 different members of their group other than Grand Caster and him has different reactions on his arrival. But Grand Caster was used to their behavior and replied to their messages.

After that, he then invited Grand Caster to their team again.

« Grand Caster accepted the invitation request. Grand Caster joined on your Team »

It was like a routine now that Yue Ziqin got used to do. He was now familiar with being with this 4 players whom he now considered as familiar acquaintances inside this game.

{ We would do a dungeon run repeatedly on Frost Forest Dungeon until all of us hit level 23. Then we would go to the Boneyard, a leveling area for level 23 to 27 }

Yue Ziqin then turned to Grand Caster who was level 22.

{ We could wait for you until you hit level 23. There was only some gap between our levels. }

«Grand Caster: Thank you Bro, You're so kind and generous. (^_^)  »

Before they entered the Frost Forest dungeon, Yue Ziqin heard  Cross Knife who was muttering. His avatar was just beside his character so he have heard what he said.

{ It would be faster if we just carry this guy so he would gain more experience.. It was more convenient. }

Despite him being annoyed of Grand Caster when he met him the first time, it seems Cross Knife have gotten used to Grand Caster's quirks and strangeness. He could tolerate him more than Twilight Rose. And he would also listen and talk to Grand Caster a little bit. Maybe, it has to do with the fact that Grand Caster have given him some accessory equipment that he have gotten during the time that Grand Caster wasn't with their team.

When they arrive inside the dungeon, Watchful Hound instantly went to the forest to lure some goblin waves in the woods. It was just like the strategy that he have implemented earlier this morning. The 4 of them have already prepared the skills in their arsenals. Twilight Rose would watch over their health. But mostly, she would heal Cross Knife who was a melee fighter and also serves as their main DPS. He and Grand Caster would assist.

In their first run in this afternoon, they cleared the dungeon around 17 minutes. They didn't encounter any hidden bosses. In the second run, they encountered the hidden boss white wolf and goblin merchant Lorraine. In the 3rd and 4th, it was both the white witch.

In total, they have 10 dungeon runs before the 4 of them reached level 23 while Grand Caster was level 22 who still needs some experience before he can reach level 23. It was decided that they would help him reach level 23 so they continued their dungeon runs.

When Grand Caster have reached level 23, all of them already got lucky to receive orange drops in the frost forest dungeon. A level 22 taichi for Cross Knife, level 22 robe for twilight rose, level 21 pistol for him, level 23 scarf for watchful Hound and a level 21 staff for Grand Caster.

After that, they left. They were already in their way to the Boneyard when he received a message from Grand Caster.

«Grand Caster: Brother, Moon Ziqin, Can I ask a question? »

«Moon Ziqin: What is it Grand Caster? »

« Grand Caster: I was invited to join a guild named Conquering Clouds. Should I join them? »

Yue Ziqin stared at the message on the monitor. He paused for a moment before he start searching the guild's name on the world guild list.

Yue Ziqin learned that it was still a pending guild and wasn't official.

Now, that he thought about it, Stats Guardian of a guild are very useful.

«Moon Ziqin: Do you really want to join that guild? There are better guilds out there. »

«Grand Caster: Vanishing Tempest told me that his alternate account is Storm Conquest. It was the person who helped me to level up to 20. He was also my online friend other than your group.»

After, a while Grand Caster made a decision. Moon Ziqin thought that it wasn't also bad if they join a guild.