Chapter 43

Arc 1: The Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 43: discovery and experiments

Within the last week of December, everything is back to normal. As normal as it can be.

When I logged back during Saturday, I spent my time as usual entering the dungeon and killing monsters together with Moon Ziqin and the others. The Dungeon that we entered at that time is called Thousand Waves Cave. The Dungeon can be found the Thousand Wave Lake. It is a level 40-43 leveling area. Nonregular monsters walk around the leveling area. The mobs walk around the edge of the lake and some of them like to be hidden under the water. The thousand waves area is the first water map battle that you would encounter in glory.

In glory, there are different kinds of terrains and environments, so far I have encountered forests (why are they so many forests?! ), caves, Graveyards, Barren lands, Canyon, and cities. Now, the lake is added to the terrain or locations that I have been in Glory.

In Thousand wave lake, there was an island in the middle. It is where players needed to go to enter the dungeon of the thousand waves lake. The dungeon has 3 mini bosses and a final boss. After defeating the second boss, from a land-based dungeon, it would turn into a water-based one.

Fighting monsters and bosses in water. The Glory developers have truly outdone themselves. And I can feel my love for Glory deepening further. It was amazing... and at the same time difficult.

Battling monsters on the water was hell. The developers had made the water battle as realistic as possible. You would die if you didn't inhale air and you remained in the water for too long. Our attacks work differently in water and there are game physics that the Glory developers have also added themselves.

Thankfully, for the breathing problem, It can be solved with a water-breathing potion that could acquire through quests, a rare monster dropped by the monsters of the thousand wave lake or it could be bought from NPC merchants, player merchants, and auctions.

Summoning a fire spirit in the water is a dumb idea. You would only waste your mana and it would result in the said fire spirit dying instantly.

Summoning a dark spirit in water was fine. And its attacks work normally just like how it is on land.

The ice spirit was effective on the water for freezing the monsters. And its attack was more effective than usual because of its field advantage.

And if the ice spirit was on the water for too long enough, it would suddenly change its appearance to become a water spirit. I only got to learn after the few dungeons runs that we have on Saturday since I was too interested in the water fight and I was experimenting with how my summoner powers would work.

The ice spirit becomes a water spirit with enough time and a proper environment was a very promising find that I discovered. It sends a very enthusiastic glee to me and I was encouraged to further delve into discovering new things and incorporate the discoveries with how would I play in the future.

On Saturday, we continued our dungeon runs on Thousand Waves Lake. I reached Level 43 and think carefully if I should need a small flying dragon to summon. I learned that the summoner can ride the small flying dragon. Unfortunately, the small flying dragon can only fly at a short height. But if you invest skill points and improve the mastery of the small flying dragon summon, it can be faster, and the flight height increase but is not comparable to the highest flight height that a witch could fly when using their broom mastery skill. After thinking about it carefully, I decided to add it to my skill set when I was hit with a very good idea. Browsing the internet, I was also disappointed when I learned that no one did even think of this stupidity that I have in my mind.

I am even envious of the witch users right now. Their broom mastery skill has no cooldown. They can use their broom mastery skill with no limit as long as they have a mana potion to replenish themselves. And broom mastery skill doesn't even take that many mana points to be used.

Why no one was using the broom mastery skill as a mount to travel? Why is there no summoner using the small flying skill to travel?

Glory didn't have any mounts! Shame on you Witches and Summoners for not even thinking of it!

But carefully thinking about it, there were waypoints in towns and dungeons that can just teleport the players all around glory. So that's why Witches and Summoners didn't even think of using them outside of the battle.

After my idea of using my small flying dragon skill outside of the battle as a mount, I continued experimenting the whole Sunday in the thousand waves leveling the area and coming up with different ideas.

Terrains and maps should be considered when summoning my spirits it could affect their advantages and weaknesses.

If I place a fire spirit too long on a volcano terrain, does it become a magma spirit?

Darkness spirit is weak to Light, but light also enhances darkness. It's too confusing.

If I maxed out a fire spirit mastery skill, does it become color blue?

Where I can find wind, earth, and light spirit? Is it a hidden quest?

Should I try outputting the thunder spirit in water?

With every idea I have, being an elemental beast summoner (a summoner subclass) sounded very unappealing. I don't need the 4 beasts right now which was said in the glory forums to be the current meta for summers right now. Though other skills weren't a 4 elemental beast that could be put to some good use in the future. The Undead Knight and Demon world flowers and after that, I'm all set for my summoner class until glory decided to update again.

Soon, Monday arrived. I don't have a fever anymore and I started to attend classes again. In the afternoon, the usual party with the addition of storm conquest, opposite balance, and disordered elegance was planning to enter the gloomy forest.

Joining them and a grin on my face as I watched my character enter the dungeon, It was now time for me to put my discoveries and experiments into practice!