Chapter 97

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 97: Heavenly Domain Challenge Speedrun (Part 4)

   The following Thursday in the afternoon, Rex V. Anima once started live stream again as Grand Caster and played Glory.

The Step 3 of the Quest Portion "Hidden Boss", he has managed to kill the hidden boss easily just like most of the players who have tackled the heavenly domain challenge. For most of the players, it was considered the easiest portion of the quest.

It involves killing the generated Level 70 midnight phantom cat. Even though it was level 70, the midnight phantom cat's health doesn't belong to a hidden boss monster that was level 70. And unlike the previous quest, you can use whatever skills you want.

Grand Caster completed it in 3 minutes and 2 seconds

For Step 4 Precise Mobility, the fourth quest would automatically be activated once you leave the beginner village. Then the game would automatically generate a mountain that has a narrow path. The player need to go to that place and walk to the path and it was required for the player to don't fall. The narrow path is an ascending path. The more you walk, the more the path gets higher. There was only one path on the generated mountain. And the narrow path is also very long.

If a player doesn't fall once, it is estimated that the time would range from 2 hours for the slowest walk while 1 hour for a normal walk speed. On both sides of the narrow path is a chasm. Once the player falls into the chasm, they would die. Yep, even if you have stepped down from the path at the very start and the fall wasn't high at all.

It was a very absurd game condition that the developers added to this quest and because of that, it became the source of many memes in the Glory Forums.

At the end of the path, there was the NPC where you need to deliver the quest item that was generated once you left the beginner village. The quest item was a magic anvil that was need to be delivered to the NPC at the end of the narrow path.

The NPC is located inside the cave that was at the end of the Narrow Path. And the NPC is called the Shunned Magic Engineer of the East.

Once Grand Caster left the beginner's village and arrive at the mountain's narrow path, he once summoned again his Spirit Queen and buff it with the lash. The buff then reflected him once again but it was 3 times stronger.

After the unconventional buffing, instead of walking, Grand Caster started running and leaping.

' Fucking maniac! Are you suicidal?! '

That was what most of the viewers thought.

Soon enough as expected, Grand Caster made a misstep, but instead of falling, they saw his hand holding onto the edge of the narrow path.

He was using the most basic skill 'Hold'. Then he followed it with a climb and jump instantly.

After the save from the brink of death, instead of being careful, Grand Caster once again started running and leaping to the narrow path. Then he made a misstep once again and he repeated the process of saving himself with hold, climbing, and jumping.

Run, leap, hold, climb, jump. Those most basic skills were repeated over and over again.

It was a reckless and stupid process that Grand Caster keep repeating on a loop.

Every time he would make a misstep the viewers would feel their heart rate spikes up then when Grand Caster recovered and keep repeating his stupidity, they would feel their blood vessels pop off and the urge to curse him was in their mouths.

He ignores their comments and declares that he wouldn't die arrogantly since he was the Spirit Overlord.

At the end of the narrow path, he made a misstep once again and use the hold, climb, and jump method to save himself once again.

Then he entered the cave and meet the NPC Shunned Magic Engineer of the East.

Seeing him near to completing the 4th quest portion, the viewers don't know if they should kill Grand Caster or bow that his reckless method has worked.

For those people who have a timer and recorded Grand Caster's time once he started running and leaping on the narrow path and until the end of it, the time was 12 minutes and 2 seconds

For those experts who were watching,  they know that Grand Caster managed to save himself from falling several times because of his precise timing of the use of his hold, climb and jump. They were executed perfectly one after another.

{ For those who aren't proficient in hold, climb, and jump skills consider going to line canyon mountain to practice your skills. Or you can play some mountain climbing games or parkour if you don't want to risk the penalty of death in the line canyon once you fall for those who are considering this method. If those who wanted to consider this method but don't have the leap, hold, and climb skills, please invest some skill points and each basic skill only cost 1. It doesn't matter if you don't max it out at all. As long as you have acquired the skill, it was fine. }

Once again, instead of skipping Grand Caster started to read the words that the NPC was saying and the storyline.

He would even attempt to voice act them and added sound effects and adjust his voice to whatever voice changer technology he was using right now.

After turning in the quest, they expected Grand Caster to be teleported out of the cave and the mountain would also disappear. But it didn't happen.

Instead of the mountain and NPC disappearing, the NPC remained. And there was the familiar golden question mark at the top of his head.

Clicking the Quest, a dialogue from the NPC popped out

[ Shunned Magic Engineer of the East:

I see. You are also a fellow disciple abandoned by our mentor the Feudal Blacksmith. As a fellow disciple, would you help me to enact my revenge and kill the Feudal Blacksmith?

→ Yes, I am a disciple and I would help you in your revenge and kill the feudal blacksmith.

→ No, I am not a disciple but I would help you in your revenge and kill the Feudal Blacksmith.

→ No, I refuse.  ]

Suddenly, Grand Caster started laughing maniacally.