Chapter 115

Arc 3: Chances

Chapter 115: Playoffs (Part 2)

Passing to the semi-final I can feel my heart thumping from both excitement and nervousness.

The last round of the group challenge started with Sun Xiang having only a remaining 21% health points of his overall health bar. In the end, the match ended up with him with only the remaining 4hp.

The curses that Zhang Yuan-ge let out at that time as Sun Xiang charge the enemy's skilled attack head-on and accepted it- Zhang Yuan-ge felt like he would nearly faint when Sun Xiang did it.

We all thought that it was over when he charged toward the enemy and his 1 V 5 streak is broken. But the 4hp remaining... Just remembering it gives me chills in my spine.

Thank the Silver Equipment that Cross Knife was wearing for reducing the damage and saving his life.

I wonder what the captain of the Frontal Clear does have when he discovered Cross Knife have survived. I know that he must be promised. But other than surprise, I wonder what expression he has on his face. Is it fear? Anger perhaps?

But he doesn't have enough time to react when Sun Xiang activated the Blood Snatch Skill. After the Blood Snatch Skill, it was immediately over for him.

After Sun-gege left the stage while the crowd was roaring and the commentators were praising his 1 v 5, backstage, Sun-gege was being berated for that last bullheaded strategy that he pulled off. But after berating Sun-gege, Zhang Yuan-ge and the others congratulated him.

Of course, I'm also one of the people who congratulated him.

" Congrats Sun-gege for pulling a 1 v 5. "

" Tch. Those players aren't great. "

I could only smile wryly and sweat dropped inside my mind at his response. Sun-gege doesn't look satisfied at the 1 v 5 that he pulled off. And I think that those players would cry if they heard you right now! They did their best you know? Especially the captain during the last round of the group challenge!

You have been nearly killed Sun-gege by one of the people you have just called not great!

Sun-gege's blue eyes were boring holes at me while I was lost in my thought. Sun-gege asked me with a scowl on his face.

" Are you thinking something rude about me? "

" ...No? "

" Liar. "

The scowl then disappeared on his face replaced by a smirk.

" Naughty kids get punished. Did you know about it, Jun Feng? Maybe this year, you would be number one this time if there would be ever a repeat of the Naughty and Nice Christmas event. "

My face paled when I heard that.

Nope, no, nada, nein! I don't ever want a repeat of that event! Never again!

Glaring at Sun-gege, I replied.

" You're bullying me. "

" Don't pout and act childish. It doesn't suit you at all. "

" But I roleplay every time? "

" The arrogant and edgy spirit overlord and the psycho summoner act that you have roleplaying online is different from acting cute offline. The former choices are cool and cringe but the latter was just plain disgusting. "

What?! Disgusting?! Fuck you Sun-gege you're eyes must be blind! My face is good-looking! I look like a cute angel! Just look at my brother and sister, they look so handsome and pretty! My father and mother too are good-looking! I have good genes! I would turn handsome in the future! Just wait!

" Sun-gege, you're eyes are defective. I look cute and good-looking. My classmates praise my looks you know? "

I said as I directed my puppy eye look at him. But Sun-gege's face calm and blunt expression before turning into a sneer and showing a look of disgust.

Fuck you! You just have defective eyes!

" I didn't take you for a narcissist Jun Feng. "

I can feel the waterworks behind my eye sockets. I know that I am not a crybaby but lately, it looks like I am becoming one.

" In the future, I would become more handsome than you Sun-Gege. You're just jealous of my looks and that I would become more popular than everyone than you! "

Before it could escalate further, Zhang Yuan-ge intervened and stopped our farce.

" Sun Xiang, stop bullying Jun Feng. You're older than him. Jun Feng, Sun Xiang was just teasing you. You're not ugly. I'm afraid that Sun Xiang has been influenced by Meng Qiangwei and Wen Qianmei. He has been training with those two people the most during our training time. You remember how those people behave and their attitude. "

Zhang Yuan-ge ignored the glares from Wen Qianmei and Meng Qiangwei. Looking at Sun-gege, I know that he wouldn't say any word of apology and he doesn't even look ashamed of bullying a kid after Zhang Yuan-ge chided him. He was too proud to say any word of apology. (Sun-gege is still Sun Xiang after all)

" Go inside your booth. You are not supposed to be outside of your booth. Go inside before someone other than the staff and we see you. I would treat you to food later. "

" I would eat a lot. "

" I know. "

" I want to eat spicy food later. "

" One spicy food and the others are dishes that are good for you. "

Controlling the wheelchair with remote control, I responded before I headed inside my gaming booth.

" I know. "

In May, my old wheelchair was replaced by one that can be remote controlled. With it, I don't need to rely on someone to push me all the time.

A minute later inside the booth, I couldn't hear the noise coming from the outside. Noises from the commentator and the audience.

Inside the booth, it was silent and peaceful.

Our team opponent would be the winner of Group A. One of the relegated teams during Season 5.

Team Radiance. The team that ranked 20th in the Glory Pro Alliance regular season of Season 5. During the regular season of season 5, they have ranked at the bottom and are a low-tier team.

Despite that, they are former pros so we shouldn't underestimate them.

The flat-screen television inside my gaming booth suddenly lit up. The name of conquering clouds and team radiance appears on the screen.

The match is starting again.

But unlike the first where the character profile picture of Cross Knife appeared, Skyline Express, Hao Junya-ge's exorcist character appeared.

After all, even if Sun-gege has amazing endurance, he can't instantly go and play for us again after the 1 v 5 that he pulled.

On the opposite of Skyline Express's profile picture, the first player of team Radiance has been sent out.

It was also an Exorcist Character.

The chosen map by the Alliance is the Holy Hill map. One of the maps that I have just started studying. A map in Glory that was known to give Priest Type Class players an advantage.

Since both of them are exorcist class. A class that belongs to a priest type, Skyline Express, and the enemy team player exorcist are both in the state of advantage.

This would be an interesting match.

Let's hope Hao Junya-ge for the best!