Chapter 11

Arc 1: Reincarnated Noob

Chapter 11: Getting used to the game (1)

December 4, 2020 - Friday

Friday in the morning, I have woken up so early. The sun isn't still up and can be seen in the sky when I have opened my eyes. I yawned and stretched my hands while moving myself out of the bed and carefully placing myself on the nearby chair with my hands dragging my body.

It was a success. I can't help but smile when I manage to did it on my own. It was still dark and the lights aren't still switched on. With the not so ordinary chair, I guided myself on the switch to open the light. I was thankful that the switch of the light is reachable with this little body of mine.

Finally, I can see my room more clearly. With not just the natural light coming from the window but from the electricity bulb that was attached to the ceiling of my room. I can't help but feel more happy when my eyes have just happen to glance at the computer.

Within the next moments, I was opening the computer, opening the glory app and sliding my account card on glory log in device. I have just those things in a few minutes.

« Welcome to Glory Grand Caster! »

« Grand Caster - Level 8 »

Currently, I was level 8 on the game. After my mother has called for dinner yesterday, I have excused myself. After eating dinner, I continued on the dungeon runs with them. We have done more than 5 dungeon runs and have manage to amass a lot of dungeon materials and have our equipment replace by the drops in the dungeon.

It was just a shame that we haven't encountered the hidden boss Midnight Phantom Cat during our dungeon runs. After the dungeon run, we decided to end things and disbanded the party to do our own quest. We have added each other as friends and we would chat each other if we decided to do another dungeon run again.

Currently, it was Friday on the morning. I look at my friend list and saw all of them offline and already at level 12. How unfair. All of them have probably played until the evening. Seeing their levels makes me unconsciously pout. Now, they have provoke my competitive spirit. I decided! I would grind my levels and kill monsters.

And so, I have decided to join on the dungeon run again in the green forest dungeon. This time, I have joined another party. Our leader this time, just happened to be part of some guild.

{ If you join the guild Dusk bullet, I am certain that you wouldn't regret it! You know the team Dusk Fire? The one that have just debuted this season 6! The guild is under them! If you join the guild Dusk Bullet you would have a bright future waiting for you! }

He tried to recruit us, I rejected it since I am not certain that I could fulfill my duties as a guild member properly. I have read from reading the forums that the guilds of Glory are very competitive and active. With my daily classes, I doesn't have really much time to spend in the game. I would certainly fail as a member of a guild.

As for the other members of the team, they have also rejected it. The way they said it was more hurtful and definitely wounded our team leader's pride.

{ Dusk Bullet? Never heard of them so No. }

{ Rejected. I don't want to join in some backwater team. }

{ Dusk fire? Hmm... A newbie team huh... Well, they would definitely not stand a chance against the Major Guilds. They would definitely be relegated after the end of the season! }

After the one dungeon run and the good drop rates, our team leader has disbanded the team.

{ How rude! }

{ Hey, where is the promise 5 dungeon runs!! }

Well, you are the rude one. If you all didn't say those rude and hurtful words, the team leader would still help us with the dungeon runs. But I was also annoyed with the team leader who didn't fulfill his promise.

{ Hey, how about I would just be the leader and we just need to recruit one more member? }

No thanks, I am certain that our dungeon run would fail spectacularly. You didn't know how to agro and act as a tank and you want to be the leader?

« Grand Caster has quit the team. »

{ Hey, Grand Caster where are you going?! }

« Grand Caster: Joining other decent team that would surely didn't get me killed. »

{ Bastard! }

{ Traitor! }

After leaving those rude people, I have manage to join another team. This time, I have a decent teammates who was also certainty not a newbie. They were definitely players from previous server who decided to make their alternative accounts. Through our team leader was a greedy and scheming one.

{ All of the equipment drops are yours and 75% of the dungeon materials are mine. }

{ What?! }

{ No way Bastard! }

{ I quit! We can certainly finish the dungeon with just 3 of us! }

All of my teammates has quit the team before the dungeon run has even started.

{ How about you, are you also going to quit? }

« Grand Caster: How about we divide the dungeon materials and equipment drops equally? »

{ All of the equipment drops are yours and 75% of the dungeon materials are mine. }

Materials are really important in this game huh..

« Grand Caster: This would be a final offer. 70% percent of the dungeon materials would be yours for every run. The remaining 30% and the equipment drops will be mine. »

{ Huh? Are you kidding me? Are you even certain that you could pull your own weight in the dungeon with just the two of us? }

« Grand Caster: I am confident that I would do my best. ^_^ I also believe in Expert's skills. »

{ How shameless, a newbie deciding to mooch off. Fine! }

You're the one who is shameless between the two of us!

My dungeon run with this proud and shameless person went well. I have managed to pull my weight to his surprise. Our dungeon runs were successful and he was rather surprise with the drop rates just like my previous teammates.

After the end of our dungeon runs, I have managed to grind my level to 10, gain equipments and a few dungeon materials. Other than that I have somehow gained an other friend.

« Storm Conquest wants to add you as friend. »

« Accept » « Decline »