Chapter 53

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 53: Invitation and Decision

     When everyone digested the words on the paper, everyone has a varying degree of surprise.

" Challenger's League! "

Twilight Rose/Meng Qiangwei exclaimed in delight. There was a glee on her face as she started at those words. For Skyline Express/Hao Junya, there was a surprise and worry. Sun Xiang's expression is indecipherable. I don't know what is on his mind right now.

Yue Ziqin, Wen Qianmei, and When Dui Fang doesn't appear to be surprised. So they must have known about it.

As for me. I am also not surprised.

It is indeed what I think it is.

Our Guild Master Storm Conquest/Zhang Yuan is dreaming big.

" It's a competition for upcoming teams for Glory Pro Alliance. It was also a chance for coming back for those relegated teams from the previous season to come back once again in the Glory Pro. It is a revival tournament for them. "

Guo Zhishi/Watchful Hound asked

" So you wanted us to participate with you in the Challenger's League? "

" Yes, it is what I want. "

Guo Zhishi added.

" There is a participation fee..  "

" It is not a problem. "

" I see... "

Guo Zhishi paused and pondered. After a few seconds, he responded.

" Okay. "

" Then, I am glad to have you on your team Watchful Hound. "

After that, Meng Qiangwei expressed her desire to join the team.

" Me too! I want to join Captain! Even if we lose, I would at least like to try and fight in Challenger's league. "

" Then welcome also to the team. "

Zhang Yuan's gaze then swept toward Hao Junya and Sun Xiang.

Arranging the scarf on his neck, Hao Junya then said.

" Someone like you captain is ambitious and I think that you wouldn't discuss with us and invite us if you aren't certain of our chance of victory. Do you think if we participated, we have a chance? What is your estimate of us making it at least on the Offline Stage of Challenger's League? "

After the question, Zhang Yuan didn't even hesitate in his reply.

" 20%. "

" That's too low. "

Hao Junya frowned. Zhang Yuan's gaze then swept to Sun Xiang.

" If Sun Xiang joined, it's 50%. "

When the gazes of everyone turned to him, I wondered what would he say.

Sun Xiang...

Even now. It was surreal to learn that Cross Knife whom I became acquainted was someone important to the narrative of the story of the novel that I have read in my past life.

Aside from some names, important things, and impressions, I have mostly forgotten what is the King's Avatar is all about.

I know that it is a novel about a game called Glory. It is about the person behind One Autumn Leaf– Ye Xiu. His glorious return to glory and come back after he was dealt with unfair circumstances.