Chapter 71

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 71: The discussion for the Challenger's League

       After checking my mail, I took some quests to gain some experience. It was hard to level up by just going into a dungeon or killing monsters alone. Taking quests from NPCs helps players to gain some more experience. I only need to gain more experience until I reach level 50 to unlock new skills and reach the awakening for the summoner class.

After doing 3 quests on my own, I was called to go to the guild base meeting room by Storm Conquest (Zhang Yuan). Unfortunately, I didn't manage to reach level 50.

A few minutes later, I arrived and heard familiar voices speaking inside the meeting room. They have their game voice chat turned on.

I decided to adjust my voice changer again before turning my game voice chat and speaking towards them.

" Good afternoon. "

Storm Conquest turned to look at me. As well as the others.

" You've arrived Grand Caster. "

There was a relief in Storm Conquest's voice. Stepping forward in my direction, Twilight Rose asked.

" We didn't see you again during the 3rd day of the All-star weekend. What happened Grand Caster? "

" I am plagued with a terrible illness. "

" You're better now? "

" Yes. "

" Good. "

There was relief in Twilight Rose's voice. Anyway, I noticed that he wasn't disguising his voice as a girl today. And it also relieved me that they were addressing me with my in-game name and didn't appear to be bothered by my use of a voice changer.

A few moments later, Storm Conquest started speaking.

" Since everyone that needed to be here has all arrived, let's start the important discussion now... "

Pausing for a bit, Zhang Yuan controlled his character Storm Conquest to sit on his chair in the meeting room.

" Conquering Clouds would join the Challenger's league. "

Null Envy, Seven Clouds, and Queen Bee didn't appear to be surprised by the information. Storm Conquest must have already informed them.

" It was already announced that the Challenger's League start on the first week of February. The registration of the participants would start on the first day of the last week and would end on the last day of the week of January. I would take care of the participation fee, so there's no need for the people who would join me to be worried about me. "

Glancing at Null Envy, Storm Conquest continued.

"  People who would join me on the challenger's league... And as me as well... We all need to step up in our game. For the following days, we need to hurry up and reach level 70 until the first day of the last week of January. "

There were several choruses of agreement.

" Also, we need to hone our skills in PVP. And the most efficient way for that is playing on the Arena. We wouldn't just focus on battling random people but we should battle against each other so we can learn each other's strengths and weaknesses. In that way, we would learn to help and cover for each other. "

Until now, I haven't experienced the Arena.

" And finally since I would put my attention to the preparation towards the Challenger's League, Null Envy, Seven Clouds, and Queen Bee would be in charge of taking care of the members of Conquering Clouds. Also, you 3 don't worry. I would put time for the guild on every Sunday remaining in January. I would also visit it if I have some free time and am not too busy."

" Understood, Captain. "

Seven Clouds responded.

" Don't worry you can leave taking care of the guild members to us. "

Queen Bee chimed.

" Then, I am grateful for your cooperation. "

With a total of 100 members, including us, it shouldn't be too hard managing a small-size guild like Conquering Clouds. Although our guild was small, none of the other guilds in the 8th server dare to look down on us anymore.

A small guild that can go toe-to-toe with the four giants of the 8th server and manage to kill all of the 4 colored kings.

After leaving the guild to be taken care of by the 3 core members who wouldn't join the challenger's guild, Storm Conquest brought out one of the most important topics for today.

" For those who would join me in the Challenger's League. I would like to discuss our team's composition... "

Everyone's attention became more intense toward Storm Conquest.

" I would be the Captain... "

Hmmm...

" Is there someone who wants to disagree? "

Storm Conquest asked. Of course, nobody answered his question. Nobody would dare to oppose him being the captain. After that thought, I consciously stared at Cross Knife.

If I remember it right. From my vague memories... The Sun Xiang from the novel used to be the captain of Conquering Clouds. How the heck did that happen was a mystery.

That Sun Xiang wasn't the greatest team player that exists. He likes to work alone and has terrible social skills...( Our Sun Xiang right now has also terrible social skills but this one was a hundred times? better than that one ) That guy was also someone who has a lot of pride and was foolish since he was used as a chess piece and eat up whatever Liu Hao has told him.

Cross Knife noticed me looking at him.

[ Cross Knife: What? 😾 ]

He then sent me a private message in the in-game chat. Typing, I replied.

[ Grand Caster: Storm Conquest and Moon Ziqin are suitable for leadership roles. ]

Even if Sun Xiang was a very talented and skilled Glory player, An One army guy– I wouldn't let him be the Captain. We better delegate the leadership to those who know how to lead, know how to bring the team together and closer, and someone who knows how to think of strategies.

And as for me? I would never dare to think about it. Even though I can think of ideas and strategies, I am not a guy that was suitable for leadership. I am someone who was used more to obeying orders. If someone would ask me to brainstorm an idea and strategy... Then please give me some time and look for inspiration and I can provide you with one. But if you want me to order around a bunch of people and even take care of kids listen to me... Sorry, you found the wrong guy to rely on. I am a follower inside and out.

And even if there was a circumstance that I would be willing to try, I don't think that it would be acceptable for the other members to accept me as their leader. Even though I am unusually smart for my age (I cheated), they would still see me as a kid, and deep in their consciousness, there would be resistance in their hearts and egos.

Eventually, Cross Knife replied.

[ Cross Knife: Idiot. Do you think that I am planning to be the Captain? ]

[ Grand Caster: 😶😶😶 ]

[ Cross Knife: You're thinking about it. You're a fool. Why would I oppose the guy that would pay and help us get there to the Challenger league? Please, check your brain. ]

While my hands were on the keyboard, I can feel my face flushing in shame.

[ Grand Caster: 😔 sorry. ]

[ Cross Knife: ...and more importantly, he's a young master. ]

The shame on my face disappeared after I read the latest chat from Cross Knife.

Even a guy like Sun Xiang needs to bow down to rich people. That is a fact of life that held some truth.

Following that, Moon Ziqin (Yue Ziqin) is the vice-captain. The main members are Twilight Rose (Meng Qiangwei), Watchful Hound (Guo Zhishi), Opposite Balance (Wen Dui Fang), Cross Knife (Sun Xiang), and Skyline Express (Hao Junya). As for the Substitute, it was Disordered Elegance (Wen Qianmei) and me, Shen Jung Feng.