Chapter 58

Arc 2: Conquering Clouds

Chapter 58: The pirate war game (part 1)

    The second day's main events started at 7:00 pm just like yesterday. The second day is one of the most anticipated days for the regular players. On the second day, regular people like them have a chance to be called out to participate in the events. The first major event is the mini-games. For the current all-star weekend mini-games, there were only one mini-games that the Alliance has prepared for today.

Usually, there would be 3 mini-games that the Alliance has prepared for the event. If there was only one game, then it must be something special.

The host then stepped forward to the stage wearing a huge smile on his face.

" Good evening everyone! Welcome to the 2nd evening of the All-Star Weekend! Are you excited everyone? Cause I am! For the very first main event, the mini-game, the Alliance has prepared something special! "

On the huge screen, a question mark was shown to everyone.

" We have the developers of Glory and the winner of the Yearly suggestion last year to thank for. Are you ready to learn what is for tonight's mini-game? I assure you that even the Glory Pro Players would be surprised by this one! Now, let's watch a video for Glory's newest mini-game! "

In the video, the countdown has started.

[ 10 ]

[ 9 ]

[ 8 ]

[ 7 ]

[ 6 ]

[ 5 ]

[ 4 ]

[ 3 ]

[ 2 ]

[ 1 ]

The video at first started showing a lone island in the middle of the sea. After a while, the island was then zoomed out and the other 7 islands are shown far from the first island. All of those 7 islands are away from the first island but the other islands surround the first island. Compared to the 7 islands, the first island is 7 times bigger than the other islands.

Suddenly the video changed and it showed ships battling each other. Cannonballs, explosives, and ships. The ships have holes and water leaking inside the ships. It then continued and show a person who was battering the ship with a hammer and was carrying lots of wood on him to fix the ship. Then there was another person who was using a pumping machine that was pumping out the water on the ship.

The view then changed and it showed the deck of the ship. A person was driving the ship and holding a map with the first island drawn with a large red cross, a person firing on the other ships using the cannon balls, and finally, a person was carrying a sniper rifle on him and triggering the rifle. A bullet passes through and manages to headshot a person from an enemy ship.

Then it showed people gathering materials from their islands and then showing people invading the other ships to steal materials and kill people on the ship with swords, knives, etc.

The video then changed to the first island once again and 5 people celebrating their success while they were surrounded by treasures, gold, etc.

Before the video ended the sea was then shown to have many sharks lurking in it and then there was a huge unknown monster shown from the deep dark water depths.

[ Pirate War ]

The video then ended.

Ahhhhhhh

There was a resounding cheer and shouts coming from the audience. All of them were looking forward to the game and wanted to be the ones who would be selected.

The host once again spoken

" Everyone! I am delighted by your response! Now, shall we explain the rules? "

The Audience agreed and everyone was quiet as the host started explaining the rules of the game.

" The Pirate War Game is a battle royal survival game! As shown in the video there are a total of 7 islands encircling treasure island. There would be a total of 7 groups with 5 people in each of those groups.

For each group, 2 lucky players from the audience would be chosen randomly. But before that, let's choose the 1st pro players for each team. Reminder everyone, all of the star players would be selected randomly. "

Each of the chosen All-star pro players for this year is shown on the screen except for one which was the legendary user of one autumn leaf Ye Qiu. It gives everyone in the audience a surreal experience that it was like those video game character selection screens.

" Go! "

The random option was then shown being selected. Eventually, the selection box stopped moving and blinking around until it finally selected the first pro player.

[ Team 1 - Player 1: Zhang Xinjie ]

[ Team 2- Player 1: Xiao Shiqin ]

[ Team 3- Player 1: Ye Qiu ]

[ Team 4- Player 1: Yu Wenzhou ]

[ Team 5- Player 1: Han Wenqing ]

[ Team 6- Player 1: Wang Jiexi ]

[ Team 7- Player 1: Huang Shaotian ]

When the first players of each team were revealed everyone in the audience's seat cheered. Meanwhile, those people who have their allies suddenly turned enemies on the opposite sides, suddenly feel a metaphorical ache forming in their heads. It was the case for Zhang Xinjie whose captain would be his opponent and Yu Wenzhou who needs to worry about Huang Shaotian and hisnonfilteredd chatterbox mouth and trash-talking skills.

The pro players that have been chosen on the screen showed blackout boxes where they are supposed to be. The host smiled when he saw the randomly chosen first players.

" And now there you have it! Our first players! And it looks like things are about to spice up for some groups! But we aren't still finished! Now for our second player! "

[ Team 1- Player 2: Su Mucheng ]

[ Team 2- Player 2: Tian Sen ]

[ Team 3- Player 2:  Yang Cong ]

[ Team 4- Player 2: Chu Yunxiu ]

[ Team 5- Player 2: Li Xuan ]

[ Team 6- Player 2: Zhang Jiale ]

[ Team 7- Player 2: Zhou Zekai ]

When all of the second players are selected, the audience cheered once again. But the first players and second players who learned their new teammates, have several opinions on it.

Ye Xiu lamented the fact that Yang Cong is his chosen teammate. If only, he have Su Mucheng, then he wouldn't need to worry about adjusting. But there could be worse choices than Yang Cong.

For example, Huang Shaotian and Zhou Zekai. Two powerful players in their own right. The sword saint and the super rookie. It looks unfair and unbalanced with those two on the team, but unfortunately, looking at the behavior of these two people, they would have the worst synergy towards each other.

" What an interesting team-up we have there, it could lead to an interesting result. Victory or Downfall? We would find later as we choose the last remaining all-star players for player 3! Go! "

[ Team 1- Player 3: Wu Yuce

[ Team 2- Player 3: Fang Shiqian

[ Team 3- Player 3: Xu Bin

[ Team 4- Player 3: Jiang Botao

[ Team 5- Player 3: Deng Fusheng

[ Team 6- Player 3: Zhao Yang

[ Team 7- Player 3: Lin Jingyan  ]

Finally, all of the star players were chosen. Each team strategist is now starting to think of their plans. And hoping that the 2 players they would get in the audience as their teammates would cooperate with them and end up not as a burden.