Chapter 70: I Love You

I answered the door to Chase, looking a little less excited than usual... he still greeted me with a hug and a forced smile, but I could tell he wasn't looking forward to going to Tommy and Heather's house for Heather's birthday party.

"Let me grab my shoes and I'll be ready to go!" I said, spinning around and wondering if he'd say anything about my exposed back or short skirt...

Once we walked in to Heather's house, my jaw dropped at the amount of people here. How could you possibly have this many "friends"? There was no way she knew all of these people, but what else could you expect? It was typical Heather style.

I think Chase loosened up some when he realized it was more of a party and less of a close friends kinda thing. I'm sure he'd probably been dreading the idea of spending his night with Tommy, Nikki and Vince.

"Hey, I'm gonna go find Heather and give her her gift. Wanna grab us a drink?" I asked, nodding to the bar, complete with two bartenders, that Heather had set up in the next room of her and Tommy's massive house.

I started looked around trying to spot Heather as Chase walked over to the far corner where the bar was. My eyes scanned the crowd of people and then I saw them all standing over by the living room. It was impossible to miss them, with Tommy and Nikki's black hair towering over everyone.

I walked in their direction, slowing down a little when I saw that Vince had just joined them... followed by his little Heidi 2.0. I wanted so badly to roll my eyes at the thought of her, but instead I plastered a huge fake smile on my face before walking up to them all.

"Heidi!!!" Heather shouted, I could tell she was already tipsy as she engulfed me in a hug.

"Happy birthday!! How's it feel to be 24?!!" I shouted back at her as we embraced, swaying side to side dramatically.

I went around the circle, hugging everyone, Vince included. Once I got to Holly, she stuck her hand out coldly.

"Pleasure," she said formally as we shook hands.

"Pleasure's all mine," I said back equally as bitchy.

"Welllll I'm gonna grab a drink!" Vince blurted out, breaking the tension and walking in between the two of us toward the bar.

———————————————————————————
Vince's POV

I walked through the crowd and let out a sigh as I saw none other than Chase standing in front of the bar.

Great, I thought to myself. I decided to be the bigger man and walked right over to him, propping my elbows on the bar beside of him and waving over the bartender.

He looked over at me for a second and then back to the bartender without saying a word. I noticed he had a fruity little blue drink in one hand and three empty shot glasses lined up in front of him.

I wondered if the fruity drink was for Heidi, because if not, what a fucking pussy... but Heidi doesn't even like fruity drinks so...

"Hey man... look. I know we don't like each other or whatever. But... I feel like I should apologize for making an ass of myself the other night at Warrant's party." I said, practically biting my tongue as the words rolled off it. I could feel the heat rising in my face as I looked at this guy. "Don't like each other" was definitely an understatement, but I wanted to put all this petty bullshit behind us for Heidi's sake.

"Yeah sure," he said shortly as he slammed a fourth shot of brown liquor down on the counter, in line with the rest.

Okayyyy, I thought. Obviously he's not looking to be best buds, but neither am I... the least he could do was not be a dick but whatever. I tried.