Chapter 94: Guilty Conscience

Heidi's Apartment, 2 Days Later

The phone rang... and rang... until the voicemail finally picked up.

"Heidi, can you and Vince come up for air long enough to answer the phone?! Yeah, I saw you two at my wedding, you weren't hiding anything... Anyways, I wanna tell you all about the honeymoon so far! It's beautiful here.... Ugh, just call me back."

——————————————————————————
Heidi's Apartment, 4 Days Later

"Hey, it's Heather... remember me?? This is like the longest we've ever gone without talking! I get that you're in the middle of a sex marathon now that you and Vince are back on, but come on... I wanna gossip!!"

——————————————————————————
Heidi's Apartment, 6 Days Later

"Heidi, it's Mel. Where the hell are you? I can't believe you fucking missed the Levi's shoot. You were supposed to be their lead model for the next launch of jeans and now they're giving it to freaking Christie Brinkley!!! Do you know how hard I worked to get you this campaign? Jesus Christ, just call me when you get this."

——————————————————————————
Heidi's Apartment, 7 Days Later

"Heids, Tommy just had a great idea! Why don't you and Vince fly to the Caymans and we'll all stay for an extra week? It'll be so fun, the water is so warm! You'll love it! We gotta know today though so we know if we should book the rooms or not. Seriously, call me back..."

—————————————————————————

Vince's POV

"Ughhh," I groaned, rolling over as the phone ringing woke me up. Empty beer cans clinked to the ground, sliding off my bed as I turned around to answer it.

"Hello?" I said scruffily, cursing myself for plugging the phone back in in the first place. I'd been on a week long bender and I hadn't talked to anyone... and based on the massive headache I had coming on, all the alcohol was starting to catch up with me.

"Vince?? Thank God, I've been trying to get up with one of you all week! I was starting to get worried." Heather laughed into the phone.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Nothing, I'm just glad you took a break from the little fuck fest you two've been on to answer the phone! Just let me talk to Heidi." She said, her name stinging through my ears.

"She's not here." I said quickly, ready to hang up.

"What? I thought you two were back-"

"She changed her mind." I said, sighing into the phone heavily after I'd heard myself say it out loud for the first time.

"Oh... shit. I'm sorry, Vince... really? I thought for sure you two were... Uh, Nevermind." She said in shock. Yeah, you and me both Heather I thought, annoyed already.

"Well, fuck. I hate to ask you this... but do you think you could go over to her place and check on her??" She asked. My mouth dropped opened to say no, but she cut me off and kept talking.

"It's just... I've been calling her all week and she hasn't picked up." So? She doesn't wanna sit on the phone for an hour or two talking about every little detail from your wedding and honeymoon? Shocker.

... But then I sat up in bed worriedly when I heard what she had to say next.

"And her manager called me asking if I knew where she was. Apparently, she missed her big Levi's shoot. And then she missed an interview she was supposed to do today. She never misses work, you know that." She said and my mind started to race...