Chapter 8: Champagne Drunk

I woke up the next afternoon and laid in bed thinking about the events of last night. So Vince did know I left with that guy... and wanted to fight him for it? And he wanted me to stay with him last night? It was probably just the Jack talking, but I decided to call Heather and see what her opinion was. After hearing about her and Tommy's hook up in the dressing room, I explained to her how my night went.

"Oh he's so into you!!!" She squealed through the phone.

"Heather, he's a playboy. He's into any girl!" I replied.

"Okay look you have to swear not to say anything about this, Tommy would kill me," She said lowering her voice, "but Vince asked him about you."

"What?" I exclaimed, hoping she couldn't hear the excitement in my voice.

"It was nothing major, Vince just asked Tommy if you'd mentioned anything about him to me."

"Oh that's nothing." I said trying to calm her down, but also slightly disappointed that it wasn't anything more.

"It means he wanted to know if you were thinking about him! That's something!" She yelled.

"Heather, I don't even want there to be anything with hi-" suddenly my phone started beeping and I realized I had a call on the other line. I told Heather I'd talk to her later and clicked to switch calls.

"Hey, it's me." A voice on the other end said back groggily.

"Ahh, Vince. How you feeling this morning?" I laughed.

"Pretty shitty, I definitely blacked out. I'm glad I had someone as sexy as you takin' care of me though," he said. I smiled as I imagined the smirk he probably had on his face.

I giggled into the phone and said naughtily, "no problem, but now you owe me. And I can think of a few ways that you could repay me."

"You're right, I do owe you." He said back, with a more serious tone than I was hoping for. "I was gonna ask if you'd let me take you out to grab some food tonight?"

My heart sank. What am I gonna do?

"Well that's pretty different from what I had in mind," I said, trying to laugh off his invitation.

"Come on, it's not a date. We'll just get some food and hang out. We can even grab a bottle of Jack and drink at my place afterwards." He said with that same mischievous voice that I'd heard a few times before.

"Alright fine, but only because you guaranteed Jack after." I said back playfully.

———————————————————————————

I had just finished getting ready when I heard a knock at my door. I opened it and saw Vince standing on the other side, looking as sexy and as sleazy as ever. I had always had a thing for bad boys and Vince was the embodiment.

"Ready to go?" He asked with a devilish grin. He stuck out his elbow for me to grab, sarcastically pretending to be a gentleman. I giggled while swatting it away and walking passed him out of my apartment.

We walked longer than usual, but I didn't really take note of exactly how long. I was more focused on how fast my heart was beating just from watching Vince walk next to me. We made light conversation, mixed in with the occasional dirty joke. As we approached the restaurant that he had pointed towards I told myself to get it together before sitting down. Why are you nervous? He's the one that should be nervous, have you seen yourself? You're hot!

We sat down and Vince ordered us a bottle of champagne to share. Um, I thought this wasn't a date?

"Calm down, Wednesday night special. Half off a bottle of Andrè. Told you this was casual" he said winking as he noticed the bewildered look in my eye.  To further prove his point, when the waiter brought the champagne over he ordered a large plate of fries before closing the menu and saying that was all we needed.