Chapter 32: X from Oz

We'd spent the entire day on the road and finally made it to New Orleans. The boys were playing in a huge music festival that had been sold out for months. It was a three day festival and all the hottest rock bands were gonna be there. Vince had promised to introduce me to Ozzy and I'd been bouncing off the walls all day I was so excited.

I was also a little nervous because I knew Guns 'N Roses would be there and I didn't wanna have to do any damage control if Vince saw Axl and tried to beat the shit out of him again...

Tommy was bouncing off the walls too. Heather was flying in today and was supposed to join us an hour before the boys went on stage. Vince was the only one that ever wore a watch, a Rolex he'd bought when they made their first hundred grand, and Tommy had been asking him what time it was every twenty minutes. He was like a little kid in a car that can't stop asking "are we there yet?"

"It's 8 dude, she'll be here any minute. Calm the fuck down," Vince said after Tommy's fifth ask.

Normally each band member had their own dressing room, but since there were so many bands playing at this festival there was only one dressing room per band. We were all sitting around the room drinking, as the roadies ran around tuning instruments, testing amps and cracking open beers.

The boys were all dressed up in an array of leather, studs, make up and bandanas. We could faintly hear the riff of a guitar when the third band of the night went on and the crowd began to cheer. I was sitting in Vince's lap, babysitting a Jack and Coke that a roadie had made way too strong, when someone knocked on the door and it swung open.

A giant security guard had opened the door and we all looked up curiously. The huge man stepped to the side and out of nowhere Heather appeared from behind him and stepped into the room. She was radiating in a sparkly white tube dress, smiling as her eyes scanned the room and immediately met Tommy's.

"Hey!!!" Everyone shouted at once, standing up to great her.

Tommy darted past us all and swept Heather off her feet, twirling her around a few times before putting her down.

"Well if it isn't my fiancé!!" Tommy yelled, pulling Heather back in for another hug.

"I missed you! I missed all of you!" She said, breaking apart from Tommy and looking over at the rest of us.

"Even me?" Nikki said, in his most sarcastic tone.

"Hmmm, no. But definitely Heidi," Heather said back equally as sarcastic as I walked over to give her a hug.

"Has he been on his best behavior?" She asked me with a grin, darting her eyes back over to Tommy playfully.

"Oh he's been an angel," I said back, shooting Tommy a smile.

"I can't be a good boy any longer though. Bathroom. Stat!" Tommy said, picking Heather up and throwing her over his shoulder. She squealed and smacked him on the back as he turned and walked out of the room.

"Hey, you better be back here in an hour!" Nikki called out after them.

"Nik, it's been three weeks, he'll be lucky if he last three minutes," I said laughing.

Vince chuckled a few times, before taking the last swig of his Corona and slamming it down onto the table.

"Come on, let's go," Vince said, nodding his head to the door. I looked around in pretend shock and giggled.

"Very romantic Vin, but I think the bathroom is occupied right now," I said back.

"No. Come on, follow me." He said after rolling his eyes. He stuck his hand out for me to grab before saying, "it's time for you to meet Ozzy."