Chapter 42: Late Arrival

Three Days Later

Fuckkk, I thought to myself as I realized just how late I was. My plane back to Pittsburgh was delayed and the boys' show had already started. I hopped out of the car, escorted by one of the Crue's roadies, and we headed in the amphitheater where the boys were playing.

"So they've already closed the back VIP entrance, we'll have to go in the main entrance and just watch the show from the area in front of the pit. I'll take you backstage afterwards." He explained as we hurried into the venue.

"Okay... hey, I'm fresh off a plane I need to catch up. Got any booze?" I asked him hopefully.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out five mini bottles of Jack, handing them to me with a smile. Damn, I love roadies, I thought to myself.

I uncapped one of the bottles and threw it back, stashing the others in my pocket. We weaved our way through people, flashing our backstage passes as we went, until we finally reached the stage. Once we got there we were greeted by a security guard who shook hands with the roadie and let us right in to the area in front of the pit, just below the stage.

There were only security guards and photographers standing there, so it was pretty cool to get a different view of the show. I was so used to watching them all from backstage and getting the chance to see more of Vince was a welcome surprise.

The boys were already about halfway through their set, playing Smoking in the Boys Room, when the Roadie and I finally got settled. Just before the song ended, Vince's eyes caught mine and he shot me a wink before continuing to run across the stage and over to Nikki.

I smiled back at him and chugged another one of the mini bottles... before I knew it, the boys had almost finished their show and I was drunk as hell swaying back and forth, attempting to dance as I held on to the poor roadie for balance.

I'd drank all five of the mini bottles and forced him to hand over a beer he had stowed away in his jacket pocket. I'd been sloppily stumbling around and singing along to the songs at the top of my lungs, pointing at Vince as he crossed the stage and using the roadies hand as a microphone.

Vince had definitely noticed because I saw him laugh a few times and shake his head in my direction... but of course in my drunken haze, I just thought he was laughing at my incredible singing and dancing.

I somehow managed to peel my eyes off of Vince for the first time since I'd gotten there and I looked around the stage in amazement. The decor and pyrotechnics and everything looked fucking insane. As I was glancing around I saw Nikki walk towards the end of the stage and bend down to shred on his bass.

"Nikki!!! NIKKI!!! Nik! It's me, Heidi!! Hey, Heyyy!" I started shouting profusely, jumping up and down as I screamed. He looked down at me and laughed, waving slightly and glancing over at Vince who was shaking his head and smiling.

Finally, the show was over and the boys walked off stage after their usual bow followed by an ear piercingly loud cheer from all of the fans. As soon as they'd finished, the roadie motioned for me to follow him and he began walking us around the stage and towards the dressing rooms in the back.

I followed close behind him, having to put a serious amount of effort into walking straight, when suddenly I felt two big hands land on my shoulders and twirl me around in the opposite direction. The abrupt motion had given me a little bit of the spins, but it was overshadowed by excitement when I saw Vince standing in front of me.

"Vin!!" I shouted over the noise of the hallway and echoing crowd.

"Hey you," Vince said pulling me to his side and turning to look at the roadie.

"Hey man, thanks for taking care of her," he yelled, to which the roadie replied with a nod and a smile.

We walked past him and headed down the hallway, when Vince stopped and looked down at me with a smirk.

"What am I gonna do with you?" He chuckled.

"With me?" I asked innocently, grabbing on to his shirt to make sure I didn't topple over.

"You're so drunk!" He said back, laughing at my attempt to play it off.

"I don't know what you're talking about, I just came to this concert hoping I'd hook up with the lead singer of the band. He's super hot," I said flirtatiously.

"Well I hate to break it to you, but he's got a girlfriend," he said back, going along with my game.

I poked my lip out and batted my eyelashes at him a few times, giving him my best puppy dog pout.

"Are you sure? I could show you a real good time," I said, grabbing on to the bandana around his neck and pulling him down toward my face.

"Sorry, I can't. She's this gorgeous blonde, about ye tall-" he said placing his hand right above my head and moving his body closer to mine.  "- tan skin, green eyes..." He said lingering on each word.

Our bodies were pressed together and I wanted to kiss him so badly. I started to lean up on my tip toes, but just as I did he spun around and started walking back down the hallway.

"And a nice ass... big tit-"

"Vincent!!" I yelled, cutting him off and sprinting down the hallway after him.

We were both laughing hysterically when I caught up to him. He pulled me into his side and kissed the top of my head as we walked into the dressing room where everyone else was sitting.

"I missed you Heids," he said quietly into my ear.

We all made plans to go out to some local bar and drink before crashing back at the hotel. Tommy was pissed because Heather wasn't here and because Vince had kicked him out of the room tonight so we could be alone.

"Where the hell am I supposed to sleep?" Tommy yelled.

"I don't know, the tour bus? Figure it out dude, I don't care. I just desperately need the room tonight," Vince said looking away from Tommy and down at me with a devilish grin. I could feel myself blushing as I smacked his chest for being so obvious in front of everyone.

"Whatever, but when Heather's here tomorrow I'm kicking you two motherfuckers out." Tommy said rolling his eyes.

"Dude, Doc said we're all getting our own rooms in New York," Vince quipped back.

"Thank God, that means I won't have to listen to you two going at it for hours on end," Tommy said as Vince's face lit up with pride while mine turned bright red.