Chapter 59: Chase

One week later

The boys spent a week in LA while Nikki rested and they got ready to finish the last two weeks of their tour. Thankfully, I'd gotten a modeling job in San Francisco so I'd been gone all week and hadn't had to try and avoid Vince at all cost.

Before I boarded my plane, I made sure to call Heather and casually ask if she'd had to say goodbye to Tommy yet so that there was no chance that I'd accidentally run into Vince. Once I'd gotten back to LA it took no time at all until everything was back to normal...

A few days later, I was sprawled out on Heather's white sofa while she was tidying up and Dynasty played in the background. I was hoping she'd get distracted by cleaning and that I'd be off the hook, but I saw her turn toward the kitchen and knew she'd see the clock on the wall any minute now....

"Heidi!!" She shouted. Yep, I was right.

"We have to start getting ready!" She said as she turned the corner and came back into my field of view.

I groaned and tried to sink into the couch further, hoping maybe I'd disappear and she'd leave me alone...

She walked over, put her hands on the back of the couch and leaned over so that her face was parallel with mine.

"We're. Going." She said definitely, before swiveling back around and heading into her room to get ready.

I groaned even louder and wallowed on the couch dramatically before sitting up.

"I don't want to," I said, not even trying to hide my annoyed tone.

"Heidi, it's your birthday party. You're going." Heather said, poking her head into the door frame to glare at me before disappearing back into her room.

———————————————————————————
A few hours later we stumbled out of Heather's apartment, dressed to the nines and already a little tipsy. I had on a skin tight black crop top with a little pink skirt and Heather had on an all white mini dress that looked stunning.

I was side eyeing her as we got closer to the bar, wondering why she looked so good? Normally she only dressed like this if she was seeing-

Tommy.

I couldn't believe my eyes. We were only about twenty feet away, when Tommy walked out of the front door of the Whiskey and Heather started sprinting to meet up with him.

I instantly felt my breathing turn shallow and my heart rate pick up as I watched them embrace, waiting to see who would follow Tommy out of the door.

Heather must've caught a glimpse at my terrified facial expression because she turned her attention completely away from Tommy and started walking back over to me.

"It's okay! It's okay!" She said, waving her hands frantically in the air as she approached me. She put her arm around my shoulder and began walking us in, even though I was hesitant.

"He's not here, I made Tommy swear he'd come alone." She said quietly, before we stepped into the Whiskey and all of our voices were drowned out by the noise.

Thank God. I was SO relieved... Yeah... relieved, I thought to myself... trying to hide the fact that I was actually kinda disappointed.

When we finally got to the bar, Tommy's eyes immediately landed on me.

"What'll it be, birthday girl!" He yelled over the crowd.

"...Tequila!" I said excitedly, hoping to drown out any feelings that I didn't want with Patron shots.