Chapter 31: Nightmare

"Can I help you?" I spat with a disgusted look on my face.

"Whenever you're done, I've got next." She said casually as I cocked one eyebrow up and clenched my jaw. Vince tightened his grip on my waist, I don't know if he was trying to calm me down or hold me back.

"Do you know who I am?" I said back in disbelief at how bold this chick was. Her expression turned from bored to bitchy as she opened her mouth to answer my question.

"I don't know, I'm guessing you're a groupie just like the rest of us and there's no need to hog him sweetie. You're not any prettier than-" She started to say before I drew my hand back and smacked her right across the face before she could even finish her sentence.

"Oh shit," I heard Vince say from behind me as I balled me hand up into a fist, ready to keep going if she didn't back the fuck off.

"You bitch!" She yelled, one hand still clutching her cheek. She took a step toward me and I started to lunge towards her when I felt two big hands grab my shoulders and pull me in the opposite direction.

Before I knew it I was being dragged away from the bar and Vince was standing in front of me laughing.

"I can't take you anywhere, Rocky." He said in between laughs.

I stood and stared at him with a scowl on my face, still pissed at the audacity of that girl.

"Aw come on, it was funny! I forgot how scrappy you were," Vince said, still chuckling.

I stared back at him, arms crossed, trying to keep a mad look at my face, but the corners of my mouth threatened to turn up into a smile. 

"Come on babe, let's get outta here." He said with a smile, grabbing my hand and leading us out of the bar. I could see out of my peripheral vision the defeated look on that groupie bitch's face when it became clear that Vince was leaving with me and none of them. I wanted to turn towards her and stick out my tongue like a little kid, but I figured stopping Vince in his tracks and asking for a kiss would have the same effect.

After a long kiss, he pulled away and winked at me. I gave him a smile back and grabbed his hand to walk us out of the bar. He smacked my ass as I started to walk in front of him and I turned around and yelled his name playfully.

We walked down the block and back into the hotel lobby when he glanced at his watch.

"Damn, it's already 3:30. Let's just go get on the bus now," Vince said, turning on his heels and heading back out of the door.

"Wha-what about our bags?" I asked curiously as I jogged in my heels to catch up with him.

"Doc will make sure all our shit makes it on the bus, he just tells us to make sure we make it on the bus," Vince said coolly as he swung open the doors of the tour bus that was waiting for us in the parking lot.

"Damn, this is nicer than I thought." I said, my eyes adjusting to the combination of leopard print drapes and velvet cushions that covered the inside of the relatively lavish bus.

"...But where do you sleep?" I asked curiously. Vince sighed a little before stepping passed me and walking all the way to the back.

He pulled back a curtain to reveal four bunk beds built in a small corridor separated from the rest of the bus.

"Oh... that could get..." I started before someone burst through the bus doors and interjected.

"Awkward?" Tommy said, finishing my sentence.

"Yeah, especially when Nikki's got more girls in his bed than there are bunks," Vince said, shooting Tommy a look that caused him to chuckle. I figured that was a story I didn't even wanna know and began taking my heels off before plopping into the bottom bunk.

"This one yours?" I asked Vince as I slid my skirt off and hopped under the covers before Tommy came back in from the bathroom.

"It is now," Vince said with a grin, sliding his shirt off over his head and climbing into the bed with me.

• • •

I was banging on the door of my apartment, desperately trying to twist the handle and get out. My hands gripped at the knob, twisting and turning, but it wouldn't budge. It was almost like every time I tried to touch it, my hands went straight through it rather than actually grasping it.

I could feel my heart pounding as I heard footsteps growing closer and closer, coming up from behind me. I gave up on opening the door and turned around to see what I was so afraid of.

A tall figure stood in the doorway of my bedroom, looming in the shadows of the dark apartment, lit up only by the moonlight seeping in from the living room window.

I was frozen in the spot, unable to move, as the figure slowly took one step towards me. Then another. Then another, until it began to sprint full force in my direction.

Just as it closed in on me, I opened my mouth to scream and then-
• • •

I opened my eyes to see pitch black darkness. Once they'd adjusted to the light, I saw Vince sitting over me, his hands on my shoulders, shaking me lightly. I could feel my heart still pounding in my chest as I struggled to catch my breath.

"Baby... Baby, you were having a bad dream... It's okay, I'm here," Vince said soothingly as I slowly started to relax into his voice.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know-" I started to whisper, trying to act as if I had no clue what could've caused such a vivid nightmare.

"I'm not gonna let anything hurt you," he whispered back, running his fingers through my hair, trying to calm me down.

My mind raced... should I tell Vince? Or is it better to just forget about this whole thing?

He laid his head back down on the pillow and wrapped me in his arms. He closed his eyes and sleepily muttered, "you're safe babe, go back to bed."

I watched as his eyes fluttered open a few times, struggling to stay awake, before he finally shut them and started to doze off again.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched how cute he looked, the tattoos on his tan skin contrasting the white sheets and his messy hair splayed out all over the pillow.

He twitched in his sleep and tightened his grip on me as I nuzzled my head into his shoulder and rested one hand on his chest.

He was right, I was safe. And there was no reason to get him all worked up by telling him what had happened yesterday back in LA...