Chapter 93: Over

I shut the door and my eyes struggled to adjust to the darkness. I started to walk over to my kitchen to turn the light switch on...

And then suddenly, someone grabbed me from behind.

One hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me into them so I couldn't move and the other tightened around my mouth.

"Don't say a word." He said.

I sobered up instantly as my heart was pounding out of my chest. I wracked my brain trying to think about what to do... I figured I had a better chance of making noise now and having Vince hear me, than being stuck in my apartment with whoever the hell this was.

I sucked air into my lungs, getting ready to scream, but then my breathing caught in my throat when I saw what he'd just pulled out of his pocket.

He had a gun and he wasn't aiming it at me... he was aiming it at the front door.

"Go ahead. Scream. I'll shoot him before he even walks in here." He said in a hushed tone.

I felt my heart sink and tears start to well up in my eyes. I couldn't risk anything happening to Vince... I knew I had to stay quiet and do whatever this psycho wanted. I was trapped.

I stood in my kitchen, in the pitch black darkness as he walked the two of us over to the light switch. He'd taken his hand from off of my mouth, but wrapped his arm around my neck so I couldn't go anywhere. My back was towards him, so I still couldn't see who he was... which was scaring me even worse because I didn't recognize his voice at all.

He flipped the light switch on and then let go of me, pushing me forward and causing me to stumble a little as I did. I turned around to face him slowly, trembling in fear.

He had on all black and a ski mask. He was probably 6 foot tall or so, a pretty big guy... and he was standing in front of the door, holding the gun down by his side.

So I'm being robbed? He knows I'm a model, he wants my jewelry or shoes right? I thought, clutching the slit of my dress together and getting terrified at the idea that that wasn't all he might want...

"I-I have money. In my purse, it's in my closet." I said, my voice cracking as I tried to speak.

"Heidi, come on. Money? You think I want money?" He said, causing my breathing to shallow even more when I realized he knew my name.

"W-What do you want?" I asked timidly, feeling my entire body shaking in fear.

"I wanted to give you these." He said, reaching for a bag he had across his body and dumping it out onto the floor.

It seemed like I was watching in slow motion as dozens of... little... white... envelopes... scattered across the floor. One landed in front of my feet and I immediately recognized the handwriting scribbled across the front.

"You moved and I didn't know where to find you. I couldn't stop sending them, they just sat in your old mailbox.... but then I saw a magazine article, Vince Neil spotted leaving Heidi Mark's apartment early this morning." He said staring down at the ground and laughing, I noticed his eye twitching underneath the mask as he spoke.

"I was happy, for sure. I finally knew where you lived again... but DAMN IT HEIDI!!!! I TOLD YOU HE WAS NO GOOD FOR YOU!!" He exploded, slamming his hand down onto the countertop and causing me to practically jump out of my skin.