Chapter 76: Roxy (Vince POV)

Vince's POV

Once the limo was in park, Heather started to get up and make her way around Tommy, but before I could even realize what I was doing I'd opened the door and gotten out.

"I'll get her." I heard myself say, causing everyone inside the limo to stare back at me with their eyebrows cocked. I ignored them all, turning around and heading into Heidi's apartment building.

I'd told her to call if she needed me, but I hadn't heard from her since everything happened a couple weeks ago... I didn't realized it until right now but I was dying to see her again.

Just being outside of her apartment and knowing she was a couple feet away was enough to make my heart start beating fast... then pick up even more as I'd knocked on her front door... and then-

Wow.

She was stunning. My breath caught in my throat as she opened the door and I finally laid eyes on her. It didn't even occur to me that I hadn't said hey until her eyes met mine and she jumped a little in surprise, dropping her keys as she did.

"Oh... um, hey." She said casually.

"Hey Heids," I tried to say cooly as I bent down and picked up her key. I took a step forward, closing most of the space between us, and locked the door before dropping the key in her hand.

I let out a chuckle at the confused expression that she was looking up at me with, she'd definitely been expecting Heather and not me.

"Come on, everyone's outside in the limo." I said nonchalantly as I turned to walk down the hallway and she followed behind.

I got to the limo and opened the door, stepping back so that she could get in first. Is this weird? Fuck, am I trying too hard? I thought at first but then let out a sigh of relief as she smiled and thanked me before getting in. I tried to look down, but I couldn't help myself from stealing a little glance at her ass that was just barely poking out from underneath her dress while she climbed into the limo.

I shut the door and slid in beside her, grabbing my beer from the cup holder as I noticed her looking around the car suspiciously.

"Forget something?" I leaned in and asked, shouting over the music. She pinned her eyebrows at me and stared, waiting for me to say something.

"What?" I shouted again, flashing her my teeth and placing my arm across the seat behind her to get more comfortable... and honestly a little closer to her.

"It seems like you forgot something." She yelled back. Huh? I shook my head, not understanding... but then it clicked. I knew exactly what she was getting at... but I wanted her to say it.

She rested her shoulder up against mine and leaned into my ear, speaking just loud enough for me to hear her.

"Um... where's your girlfriend?" She asked, trying to sound as unconcerned as possible.

"Don't have one." Is all I said back. I took a sip of the Budweiser in my hand so she couldn't see the smile that'd formed on my face after I'd heard her question.

She turned her head to look forward, grabbing a beer from the ice bucket while I sat back trying to analyze her expression. I could've sworn that the corners of her mouth were tugging into a little smile...

She looked back at me and instead of looking away, I held my gaze, giving her a smirk and taking a long swig from my beer.

I was trying to read her, she definitely didn't make it easy... but I got the feeling that she was satisfied to know me and Holly'd split and that had to mean something, right?