Chapter 21: Cherry Pie

"..... Vince... that's... that's great!!" I said slowly, trying to process what he'd just said. I tried my best to fake a sincere tone and hoped that he couldn't hear through my bullshit.

"Meet us at the Whiskey in a few hours babe, we're gonna drink the place dry!" He shouted before abruptly hanging up as the noise behind him got louder. I held the phone up against my ear for a few seconds in disbelief.

I crashed it back against the receiver and slunk down into the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Tour? I mean... I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I always hoped for later...

Before I could think any further, my phone rang again. I was half heartedly expecting it to be Vince saying the whole tour thing was just a bust, so of course I was annoyed to hear Heather on the other end of the line.

"Heidi... did you hear?" She gasped into the phone dramatically.

"Yes Heather I heard, and you should be happy for them. It's everything they've ever wanted!" I said enthusiastically. I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince her... or myself.

"I know that, but... but not having Tommy to wake up next to every morning? And you know they're absolute horn balls Heid, they're gonna need to fuck someone or something whil-" she started to ramble frantically before I interrupted her.

"Heather stop, you're being selfish. We'll talk about it like adults and figure it out. Honestly, some time apart wouldn't be a bad thing for you guys." I said trying to act completely unphased by the whole situation.

I guess my 'just-calm-down' attitude wasn't what she wanted to hear because she erupted on the other end of the phone...

"Whatever Heidi, you think I'm being selfish just because you think Tommy and I are up each others ass and you and Vince are sooo chill. Well I can't wait to see how chill you are when he's 500 miles away probably fucking some groupie." She spat before hanging up.

... Damn, a few months filming Dynasty and she'd really mastered how to tell someone off.

I knew that I was being hard on Heather and that I felt the same way... but saying it out loud would make it true and that's not the kinda girl I was. Like Heather said I am chill... and laid back... and go with the flow... but what if the flow is five hundred miles away fuckin' some groupie??

———————————————————————————

I pulled at the edges of the skintight pink latex dress I'd put on before walking out of my apartment to head to the Whiskey. I figured I better look hot as hell for one of two reasons. Reason number one being that if we decided it'd be better to break up while he was gone, then I was gonna look insanely good walking away from him. Or reason number two, maybe I could just seduce him into staying here with me.

I'd left my apartment and made it about halfway to the bar when I heard footsteps behind me. All of a sudden, someone's body was pressed up against my back and two large hands wound their way up to cover my eyes. My hands shot up and grabbed the persons wrists as I wriggled against them.

"Guess who?" A familiar voice said and I immediately let out a sigh of relief.

"Vince, you scared the shit out of me!!" I stammered as he spun me around to face him.

"A girl as beautiful as you does not need to be walking out here by yourself... especially not in an outfit like that. Holy fuck." He said, his eyes traveling up and down the length of my body.

"I walk this way all the time," I giggled still trying to unsuccessfully shimmy out of his grip.

He squeezed me a little tighter- making sure I couldn't get away, before leaning down to put his face right in front of mine.