Chapter 47: Hat

I pressed the up button again as I waited, impatiently tapping my foot against the ground. My mind was racing when I finally stepped into the elevator and frantically clicked the button to our floor. He dropped it off? I thought to myself. He was here... Heidi's here... She's upstairs, she's fine...

I tried to keep cool as the elevator crept to a halt and I got off, jogging down the hallway to our door. I shuffled with the keys before slinging the door open and shouting Heidi's name.

"In here," She giggled from around the corner. I immediately felt my muscles relax and my breathing slow down when I heard her voice. She's fine, I told myself again.

I turned the corner and walked into the bedroom to see her grinning and batting her lashes at me dramatically... but that wasn't the only thing I saw.

She had on a red silky lingerie top and teeny tiny red underwear to match. I stopped in place, just inside the door frame, and gawked at her. A smirk filled her face and she pointed at me, curling her index finger back and motioning for me to join her.

I snapped out of my trance and picked my jaw up from the floor, hopping into bed and running my hands over any bare skin she had showing.

I sat back against the headboard as she climbed into my lap, grabbing the headboard with one hand and a handful of my hair with the other.

I slid my hands from her thighs and up her back as I admired just how fucking good she looked. It felt so good to grab on to her... to touch her and know that she was here and she was safe. And she was mine.

———————————————————————————

I woke up the next morning completely naked, laying on my stomach. The thoughts of how Heidi and I had spent last night came rushing into my head and I tried to fight the smirk that was forming across my face... and the morning wood that was forming under the sheets...

I rolled over to see Heidi in the same position as me, no clothes and knocked out, sleeping soundly with her bare back facing me. I ran my fingertips up and down her spine a few times, scratching her back lightly before reaching an arm around her waist and pulling her over to me.

She groggily groaned and rolled over to face me, throwing her arms around my neck and laying her head on my chest.

"No, no, no." I scolded, "wake up, you're not going back to sleep."

She groaned again, tightening her grip on me and intertwining her legs between mine. I decided that after all the work she'd done last night, she deserved to sleep a little more so I stared up at the ceiling and mindlessly ran my fingers through her hair.

What the hell am I gonna do about this guy? I thought, still anxious about the idea of Heidi in the same town as this psycho. I wondered if I should even tell her about the letter... I knew it would make her worry herself sick and I wanted her to enjoy her time here... I mean, if Heather and I are both here she's pretty much never alone. She's safe, I'll make sure of-

"Good morning," she hummed, squeezing me a little before moving her arms from my chest and into a stretch.

"Good afternoon, you mean" I teased her.

"Aft-afternoon?" She asked, suddenly popping up and looking around.

"Yeah? It's one o'clock." I said confused as to why she would be concerned with the time.

"Shit. Vince, I have a shoot today in Pittsburgh, I'm supposed to be on the train at two!" She shouted, hopping up from the bed and searching the floor for her clothes. I admired her bare ass for a second, mentally high-fiving myself, before I got up to get dressed too.