Chapter 84: Mine

Vince's POV

We'd finally finished the last of our backstage interviews and I couldn't get to our dressing room fast enough. I bounded through the door ahead of everyone else and was surprised to see that... no one was in there?

"Where's Heather and Heidi?" I asked Tommy aggravatedly. I'd literally spent the entire hour since I'd gotten off stage and been doing those bullshit ass interviews thinking about seeing her.

"Hmmm, I don't know? I figured they'd be here.... Heather's gotta film tomorrow morning for Dynasty, she probably dragged Heidi home with her." He said nonchalantly as he started to pack up his stuff.

I felt my heart drop in disappointment... There was some kinda energy between Heidi and I tonight and for some reason I couldn't fucking get the thought of her out of my head. She'd spent the whole show eyeing me... I know she did. I'd seen that look on her face a million times before... I'd seen it just the other night when she was black out drunk and begging for me on her bed....

The only difference was she definitely wasn't black out tonight. I'd seen her drinking those airplanes bottles our roadie Todd had been handing her... I'd kept track and she'd only had three or maybe four at the most. She was probably a little buzzed, but she definitely wasn't drunk.

Every time I'd shot her a wink, I could see her bitting at her bottom lip.... when I'd sang to her, it was her pulling me closer.... and every time we'd made eye contact she'd given me that sexy smile and didn't look away until I did...

It was a whole fucking stadium show, but it might as well had been a private concert just for Heidi. She was the only one I'd seen in the sea of people around her... it was like it'd been just the two of us in the entire stadium....

She had to feel it to? There'd been sparks flying between us all night and I was so fucking ready to see her afterwards. I'd been sitting in interviews, totally ignoring their questions and thinking up little smartass remarks that I could use to flirt with her.

I had a whole plan. I was gonna lay on the sarcasm hard and give her hell for distracting me during my own show... spouting some shit off about how I'd almost fucked up the lyrics a few times because I couldn't focus thanks to the skin tight little white dress she'd had on. I was hoping she'd wanna go to the Whisky with me... maybe we could sit at the bar and drink together... and maybe she'd let me walk her home this time and actually remember it.

But no. Fucking Heather, I thought to myself as I kicked the chair that I'd been standing in front of, sending it flying across the room. Tommy glanced over at me with a confused look but I ignored him and stormed out.

Maybe Nikki was right a few weeks ago when he told me I just need to make a move... She was scared and I just had to pull the trigger and change her mind? I mean, I know she wanted me. She'd said it herself when she was absolutely hammered so it must've been on her mind when she was sober, right?? I thought, as I walked out back and hailed a cab.

Regardless of all that, something was up between us tonight. It kinda clicked in my head when I thought about the last time I'd seen her watching from the crowd like that at one of my shows... it was the first night we ever met.

I could remember her taking my breath away when I first laid eyes on her. She'd kissed me and then just walked away... I'd been hooked literally. Every. Day. Since. I remembered watching her walk away that night and thinking about how badly I wanted her... Just as bad as I did right now.

I guess Tommy had the drums, Nikki had heroine and I had... Heidi. She was my drug and I needed a fix so fucking bad right now.

As I got out of the cab, I wondered if she ever thought about that night... that was the first night we'd ever had sex and right now I couldn't even remember the last time? It'd been so long.