Chapter 95: Reveal

Heidi's POV

I sat up in bed when I heard a sound coming from the door. My heart started to race when it burst open and my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness to make out the figure standing in the doorway.

"Heidi!" I heard him yell out...

It was Vince.

"Vince!!" I shouted as he raced over and engulfed me into a hug. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I squeezed him as tightly as possible, not wanting to let go.

He pulled away from me a little to bring my face close to his.

"It's okay you're safe now, everything's gonna be alright. I've got you." He said softly, looking into my eyes before crashing his lips down onto mine.

He pushed me down onto the bed as we made out, my hands slipping underneath his shirt before I stopped myself and broke apart from him.

"We... we can't do this right now, we gotta get out of here." I started to say before Vince cut me off.

"I know... I just... I missed you so much." He said, his eyes falling down to my lips again and then kissing me softly one more time.

"Come on, follow me." He said as he lifted himself up off of me, took a few steps back and then held out his hand.

I grabbed it and we darted out, running down a long, narrow hallway. I'd never been outside of the little room I was in, so all of this was new to me.

We turned corner after corner. The hallway twisted and turned and seemed like it went on forever until finally we got to the end. There was a big wooden door and I could see daylight peaking out from underneath the crack.

I was so happy to see sunlight... and to be with Vince... and to not be trapped in that dark, terrifying little room. I finally, for the first time in what felt like forever, wasn't afraid anymore.

"You're gonna be okay, I promise. I love you." He said as he let go of my hand and reached for the door handle.

"Wh-where are you going?" I asked, feeling myself starting to panic as he walked closer to the door, but my feet felt nailed to the ground.

"Wait! You can't leave me!" I yelled after him, feeling myself starting to cry again, this time out of fear instead of happiness. My body was trembling and I struggled to gasp for breaths as I could feel my throat closing up at the idea of being left alone here.

"You can do this, Heidi. I know you can." He said calmly.

"Vince!" I shouted after him as he disappeared through the doorway and it slammed shut behind him.

...

My eyes shot open and I sat up in bed, looking around anxiously and immediately being filled with dread when I realized it was all a dream... Vince wasn't here. I wasn't safe. And I was still stuck in this fucking room in god knows where, with this fucking psychopath.

I'd only see him once a day, when he'd open the door and bring in some food. He'd put it on the nightstand and then sit on the edge of the bed, asking me if I remembered him and if I'd "realized that I wanted to be with him yet."

The first few days he asked I'd gone ballistic. Yelling and screaming that he was insane, that'd I'd never want to be with someone as sick in the head as he must be. He'd just get up and walk out, locking the door behind him and not coming back in until he brought more food the next day.... but then on the third day, he said something that sent chills down my spine.

"Fine. Be that way. It's gonna be a miserable rest of your life here if you keep acting like this."

I'd replayed the words in my head over and over again ever since I'd heard them. Rest of my life.... here?