Chapter 13: Too Fast For Love

"Seriously Heidi, thanks. There's no way we could've auditioned someone to do this on such short notice." Nikki said sincerely as he scrambled around the giant room we were in, making sure everything was perfectly in place. He cared so much about the bands image, how they dressed and performed. He was damn good at it too because everything looked insane. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before... or maybe a mixture of tons of things I'd seen before? Who knows, point being: it was different. There was leather everywhere, and chains and spikes and straps. The boys all had on platform shoes that added inches to their height and their hair was so tall it added another foot.

I had on tall lace up platforms too, and black tights with holes up the legs and a skin tight black leather dress. I had a red leather belt around the waist with chain accents dangling from the leather. I had my hair and makeup done by some woman backstage and I looked edgy as hell. I was walking around the set feeling like the baddest bitch alive. And every time I laid eyes on Vince, who was wearing black leather pants and only a red leather harness with silver studs draped across his bare chest, I felt even badder because I knew I was dating the sexiest lead singer in a rock band alive.

I was standing off to the side with a group of background singers and dancers. I was so busy drooling over Vince that I hadn't even noticed that one of the dancers had walked over to me.

"He's so fucking hot." She said out loud, standing right beside me and staring in the same direction towards Vince. I squinted my eyes and looked at her quizzically. She was about my size and brunette. I couldn't tell if she had just made a statement or if that was a compliment. Did she even know who I was?

"Uh yeah, thanks..." I said assuming she knew I was Vince's girlfriend. Just as I turned away from her and looked back at Vince, our eyes met and he motioned for me to come over. As I was walking towards him I looked over my shoulder and gave a faint smile to that girl. It probably looked friendly, but what it really said was "ha-ha bitch, see that?"

"Ready? We're about to start. Just kinda dance around me real sexy. Act like you want me, all that." Vince said with a smirk.

"Shouldn't be too hard," I teased before someone in the back shouted "Places!"

The background dancers mixed in between Nikki, Tommy and Mick, with Vince at center stage and me off screen.

"Action!" Yelled the director and the boys instantly began the instrumentals to Too Fast For Love. Vince grabbed the mic stand and started to sway his hips to the beat. I watched as the other girls danced in between the drums, bass and guitar. No one could really touch Tommy since he was flailing about his drum set, and no one seemed to want to touch Mick, but they were all over Nikki. Rubbing their hands down his chest and over his arms as they shimmied and swayed around the stage to the music.

Dream machine, so damn cool...

I knew that was my cue so I took a deep breath, gathered up all my courage, and step foot on stage like I was a regular at the Tropicana. I gave my best cat-walk over to where Vince was standing, stopping a little to his left. I ran my hands up the side of my body and into my hair as I lowered myself down, dancing just out of Vince's reach. We had locked eyes and he was staring at me like he couldn't wait to rip my clothes off. I didn't know if it was A+ acting or if it was a genuine look.

I walked in front of him and over to his other side and continued to dance around him, stepping further away every time he walked closer.

Suddenly, as the chorus began I walked straight over to him and began dancing up against him seductively.

"Too fast, you're too fast for love." He blared out from the microphone, with his other arm around my waist as I slid up and down him.

I twirled out of his grip and danced to the other side of the stage as he chased after me. We continued moving across the stage and playing off each other until the song was coming to an end. He returned back to his place at the center of the stage and I walked over to him, placing my hands on his chest and running them down his body as the guitar solo played in the background. I knew Vince had a few lyrics left to shout in the last few seconds, but instead he grabbed the back of my head and starting kissing me. It wasn't an acting kiss either- it was a real one. We had been making out for a while before I realized the music had cut out and Nikki yelled "get a room!"