Chapter 92: Wedding Part 2

"Vince, I want to try this again. I want to get back together. I want it to be me and you, like we always used to say-"

Before I could get anything else out, he crashed his lips down onto mine and pushed me up against the wall of the hallway. This wasn't like the playful, slow and then sexy kisses we'd been having the past few times I'd told him goodnight. This was passionate and wild, his hand found the slit in my dress and traveled up my thigh and I grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head closer to mine.

He pulled away from me for a split second, leaving me breathless as I stared into his big brown eyes looming over me.

"I thought I'd never hear you say that," he whispered before closing the space between us and pressing me harder in between him and the wall.

After a few seconds, I pulled away again, looking from his lips to his eyes and then whispering what was on my mind.

"I love you... but... but I'm kinda scared." I said quietly, my eyes falling to the floor after having admitted it. He backed away from me a little and put his hand underneath my chin, lifting my face up to his before he spoke.

"You don't have to be. I promise, I'm not gonna hurt you this time Heids. I wouldn't do anything to risk this.... and you are good on your own. But that's what makes this work, we're good on our own but we're better together. We're a team." He said with a smile as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug.

He locked his arms behind my back and picked me up, spinning me around a few times before sitting me down on my feet.

"Fucking finally!!" He yelled loudly as he did, causing me to laugh and smack his shoulder, shushing him so nobody in the venue would hear.

"But listen, I don't wanna steal any attention away from Heather-" I started to say before he looked down at my dress.

"I think you already have, Heids." He said eyeing me and biting his lip.

"Vince!" I said, feeling my cheeks getting warm.

"Seriously, she'd have our asses if the press tomorrow is full of anything except news about her wedding. So let's just wait to tell everyone until tomorrow." I said, hoping he'd understand.

"Well here, how about this. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7. We'll go to Houston's for dinner and then maybe walk around Venice beach or something. You know, an official first date... I wanna do things right this time." He said proudly.

"Yeah that sounds good, I guess I can wait one more day... but maybe we could skip the beach part and just go straight back to your apartment..." I said mischievously as I watched his eyebrow raise in excitement.

"Deal." He said quickly, before pressing me up against the wall again and kissing down the side of my neck.

"Vince..." I groaned, trying to get him to stop, but not really wanting him to.

"Vinceee, what time is it?" I asked and he reluctantly pulled away and checked his watch.

"Oh fuck, we gotta go. I'm supposed to be walking out in a few minutes." Vince said, grabbing my hand and leading us back down the hallway toward the dressing rooms.