Chapter 109: Sting (Heidi POV)

Heidi's POV

I'd been talking with this girl I'd met a few times at Hilfiger shoots we'd both done. I tried to nod my head and pretend that I was listening to her, but really I was glancing through the crowd of people behind her, hoping to spot Vince.

I'd worn this insanely tight, purple silk dress and gold heels. I knew I looked good... but it didn't matter unless one certain person was there to see it.

Suddenly, I got the urge to turn around and just as I did, my breath caught in my throat. There he was, directly in front of me, leaning up against the bar.

And he was staring right at me. His eyes floated up the length of my body and then locked with mine and I saw his mouth hang open for a split second before he caught himself.

My heart could've pounded out of my chest, I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to have him look at me like that. Like he was mentally undressing me...

My mind flashed back to moments of him actually undressing me and I realized just how badly I wanted him-

Stop.

Jesus Christ Heidi, get it together. Focus, you need to talk to him. You gotta clear the air, you gotta explain yourself.

I mumbled a goodbye to the girl I'd been talking to and then headed straight for Vince, dodging my way through the massive amount of people that'd packed into the bar.

"Vince! Hey!" I said excitedly, a smile beaming from my face as I got closer.

"Hey, what's up?" He said casually, turning to order a shot.

"Make that two!!" I shouted, wedging my way between people to stand beside him at the bar.

The bartender laid the shots down in front of us and we clinked them together, looking at each other awkwardly for a second before downing them. God knows I needed a shot to get through this, I thought before launching into my speech.

"Hey, so I just wanted to apologize for everything today. I know it's not what you would've wanted a normal work day to be like, having to be around me all day. I didn't know how to say no to Tommy, he just kinda put me on the spot and I didn't wanna disappoint him or Nikki, you know? I wish the circumstances would've been better, we haven't really gotten to talk since I got back and-" I started to ramble before he cut me off, chuckling a little as he did.

"Heidi relax, it's fine. You're not as bad to be around as you think, kid." He said, surprising me at how friendly he was being?

Damn, maybe he isn't as upset with you as you thought?

I mean regardless, if I ever want any chance at getting back with him I still need to talk to him about everything that happened. He'll understand, I know he will...

"Well thanks... let me buy the next round. Make up for that and for fucking losing it in front of literally everyone today." I said, cringing as the words left my mouth and I thought about the absolute scene I'd caused earlier today.

"God, it was so embarrassing!" I squealed, sliding my hands over my face and covering my eyes.

I figured it'd give him a chance to make fun of me, break the ice a little and then I could ask him to talk... but instead, he went in the opposite direction.