Chapter 39: Sweet and Smokin'

I slowly fluttered open my eyes as I woke up to the sound of the bus door shutting. My back was pressed up against Vince's chest and he had both of his arms still wrapped around me tightly. I peeked behind my shoulder to get a glimpse of his face, smiling at how cute he looked while he was sleeping.

I started slowly shifting my weight to try and get out of bed without waking him up, but before I could even get out of his grip he pulled me back down and pinned me against him. He popped one eye open with a smirk as I squealed and wriggled underneath his arms.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, his voice still heavy with sleep.

"Vince! I'm hungry!" I shouted, still trying to worm my way out of his hold.

"Nope, I'm not letting you go. You'll just have to starve," he said playfully, closing his eyes again. 

I stopped moving, pretending to go back to sleep and then immediately rolled to other side of the bed and out of his grip.

"Hey!" He shouted as his eyes shot open.

I giggled and started to shimmy around him to get up when he grabbed me and rolled us both over to the other side of the bed. He was on top of me, holding my shoulders against the bed as we both laughed hysterically.

Suddenly, we both stopped laughing and Vince looked down at me seriously. He stared into my eyes for a split second before crashing his lips down onto mine. I ran my fingers through his hair and spun us over so that I was on top of him. I felt his hands sliding up my back and slowly lifting my shirt, just as I heard someone's feet hit the ground.

"Get a room," Nikki spat as he jumped out of bed and started walking out of the bus.

Vince and I burst out laughing and I slid off of him and rolled back over to my side.

"No, don't stop," Vince whined, "he's just jealous."

"Vince, I'm starving," I said dramatically, slamming my fists onto the bed to emphasize my point.

"Ya know what, me too." He said mischievously before pulling the covers up over his head and sliding underneath them.

"Vince, what are yo-" I started to giggle and squeal as he slid my underwear off and started kissing down my stomach.

———————————————————————————

Vince's POV

After we'd finally gotten out of bed and gotten some actual food, I left Heidi with Heather and went to go find Doc.

"Hey, I need to-" I started before he cut me off and began rambling like he always does.

"I got Heidi's plane tickets. She leaves in two days and she'll be gone for a week. When she gets back you have a photo shoot and interview with Shredder magazine about you two's relationship. This Vogue cover is great for her and us-"

"Doc, shut up and listen." I said forcefully, causing his usual frown to grow even more pronounced.

"I need you to hire people to move all of Heidi's stuff from her apartment into mine and have the car take her from the airport to my place, not hers." I said as he blinked in confusion.

"Okay..." he said slowly.

"And another thing, I wanna hire her a bodyguard or like someone who stands outside of my apartment when she's there and walks 10 feet behind her, all that shit." I said before turning to walk away.

"Vince, what the fuck is this, James Bond? Do you know how much that would cost?" He said as I stopped in my tracks and swiveled around. I walked right up to him and shoved my finger in his face as I spoke.

"I don't care how much it fucking costs, just do it. And if she gets another one of those letters that she got yesterday, I want it handed to me. Understood?" I said looking down at Doc with my chest puffed out.

"Alright, fine." Doc said as I backed off of him.

I felt better knowing that she'd be safe in LA, but I was still beyond pissed at the entire situation. All I wanted to do was beat the shit out of something... or someone. Where's that asshole Axl when you need him...

I couldn't even sleep last night, I laid awake for hours thinking about the whole thing. Trying to figure out how to make it stop or who the hell it could be. I'd start to drift off to sleep, then jolt awake and look down at Heidi to make sure she was alright... I swear when I get my hands on this guy, I'm gonna-

I took a deep breath as I realized my fists were clenched tightly and I winced in pain. I looked down and noticed my knuckles were purple and one was split. Who did I? Oh, right. The stop sign.

——————————————————————————-

Later that night, we were scheduled as one of the last bands to go on. It was the last night of the festival and we were gonna give one hell of a show, with pyrotechnics and all. We were so fucking pumped and had done enough blow to power a small village.

I took another sip of the beer I was holding and glanced at my watch to check the time. As soon as I did, I shot up out of my chair.

"Shit, Heidi come with me!" I yelled as I made my way toward the door. Everyone in the room looking up at me confused.

"Wha-" she started to ask, breaking away from her conversation with Heather and walking over.

"Just come on!" I shouted, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the door and through the hallway.

"Vince, what are you up to!" She shouted back as she laughed.

"I've got a surprise and if we don't go now, we'll miss it!" I said, still weaving us both to the main stage.

The sound of the crowd and the instruments grew louder and louder as we got closer, until eventually we were standing backstage watching none other than-

"Aerosmith!" She yelled in excitement, bouncing around and squeezing my hand.

"Nope, that's not it... I bumped into Steven Tyler at rehearsals today..." I said as I held up my watch again to check the time.

"Wait for it..." I said as Heidi eagerly looked up at me with a hug grin like a little kid on Christmas morning.

The song they were playing finished and Steven grabbed the mic and started talking.

"And this one goes out to a very special lady, I've heard she's sweet and smokin', some might even say... she's an angel," Steven belted out in his charismatic voice before the music to Angel began blaring through the speakers.

I heard Heidi gasp as she looked up at me with huge eyes and then back at the stage. She started singing along, swaying her hips and using one of her hands as a microphone.

I smiled as I watched her... I knew that I could've been watching Aerosmith play for free right now, but I just couldn't take my eyes off of her.