Chapter 110: New Years Eve

Vince's POV

"Robbin! What's up!?" I yelled enthusiastically.

"Vincent, my man! And who's this bombshell on your arm?" He said, smiling down at Piper.

"Piper! Nice to meet you." She giggled as he grabbed her hand and brought it to his lips, winking at me jokingly.

Normally it would've gotten a rise out of me, but I didn't really care. I'd been seeing her casually for the past few weeks. She probably thought it was more serious than it was since I'd invited her here on New Years Eve... but truthfully, I just wanted to make sure I'd have someone to take home tonight. The last thing I wanted to do was spend the night alone.

She was smoking hot though, I saw the way Robbin was eyeing her. If I'd actually had feelings for her I'd be ready to roll my sleeves and step up to him, but truthfully it just didn't bother me that much.

We talked for a little while longer before I spotted Tommy and Heather standing in the kitchen by the bar.

I walked us over to them and introduced Piper. Tommy'd met her at a smaller show we'd done at the Roxy a few weeks ago, but Heather hadn't... and now I was kinda wishing she never did...

She wouldn't acknowledge anything Piper had to say and at one point she'd even rolled her eyes and yawned right in her face. I almost felt the need to pull Piper aside and apologize...

I kept trying to catch Heather's eyes so I could shoot her a questioning look as to why the hell she was acting like such a bitch, but she wouldn't look my way. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer so I grabbed Piper's hand and told them we were going to go find Nikki.

"Sorry about that," I leaned down to say into her ear.

"About what?" She asked innocently.

I stopped walking for a second and looked down at her quizzically.

"Uhh... Heather?" I said, unsure of how she could possibly missed the vibes Heather'd been throwing her.

"What about her?" She asked, still as bubbly as ever.

"Um, nothing." I said back, shaking my head a little to brush off the situation. She might've been drop dead gorgeous, but she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

We grabbed glasses of champagne from a waiter walking by and started chatting as best we could... which honestly wasn't that great.

She'd asked if I had any shows coming up and if we'd be in the studio any nights this week... so trying to make conversation I'd asked back if she had to work any this week.

"I don't work, remember? My dad pays my rent and sends me an allowance every week." She said, causing me to cringe a little at the fact that I'd been seeing her for a few weeks and hadn't known that... Well I did know, I just couldn't remember if it was her that'd said that or one of the other girls I'd been out with in the same week.

"Right, right." I said back awkwardly, downing the rest of my champagne and looking around for another waiter.

"The weather's been crazy this week, huh? So much rain." She said and I suddenly realized that we had absolutely nothing in common. We'd never hung out in a setting where we weren't already drunk and looking to hook up immediately and now here we were, trying to have small talk about the weather?