Chapter 34: No Pass, No Entry

Vince stopped dead in his tracks for a split second when he laid eyes on Axl. I could see his anger jump from a 5 to a 10 and he started walking even quicker over to where Axl was still sitting on his bike.

Oh shit... I heard Heather say behind me as we were all watching it unfold. Vince marched up to Axl and grabbed him by the collar, lifting him up off the bike. He brought him close to his face and started to say something before he jerked out of Vince's grip. Before anyone could start swinging, Tommy and Nikki grabbed Vince and Stephen and David stepped in front of Axl.

"Not worth it dude, Doc said if we get in to any fights we'll be pulled from the line up for the rest of the festival. Is that what you fucking want?" Nikki said sternly.

"Let it go man, he's just trying to provoke you." Tommy said, trying to block Axl out of Vince's line of sight.

I could see Vince weighing his options... and I could see he still wanted to chose the option of pummeling Axl's face in. His jaw clenched and he took a step forward before I broke out from the crowd and walked over to him.

I put my hand on his shoulder and said in a calm tone, "come on, let's go back inside."

As soon as I touched Vince, he released the tension in his body and looked down at me. I noticed that his jaw unclenched and he'd unballed his fists. I breathed out a sigh of relief and grabbed Vince's hand, turning him around toward the bus and walking off.

I turned over my shoulder to see Axl still sitting on his bike, smiling and watching us.

"Get the fuck out of here Axl," I yelled with obvious disgust in my voice, before continuing walking.

"I will after I watch you walk away in those sexy Daisy Duke's." He yelled back. My eyes widened instantly and I turned to look at Vince, but he wasn't even beside me anymore. By the time I'd turned around, Vince had tackled Axl off of his bike and they were rolling around on the ground.

"What the hell is going on here?" A loud, deep voice yelled suddenly from across the parking lot.

It was Doc... and he didn't look happy.

Nikki pulled Vince up from the ground by his collar and drug him away from the scene of the crime as quickly as possible.

"Nothing Doc, just horsing aroun-" He started to say before Doc cut him off.

"Horsing around my ass, get inside that bus now. And you-" He said turning to point his finger at Axl, who was still on the pavement.

"You better believe I'll be letting your management know about this. You aren't a big enough star to be  causing this much trouble, so get out of my sight or I'll squash your career before it can even begin," Doc said firmly.

Jani helped Axl off the ground and everyone went their separate ways. As scrappy as Axl was, he knew he shouldn't fuck with Doc. He was one of the biggest mangers in the industry and if he blackballed you, you'd be screwed... which is exactly why Vince should not be pissing him off right now.

We all piled into the bus and sat down on the couches, awaiting our punishment like a bunch of little kids. Doc slammed the door behind him and immediately began tearing into us.

"I have managed Kiss, Skid Row, Bon Jovi... you name it, but you are the worst, most UN-well behaved band I've ever had the misfortune of managing." He began.

We sat there and took it as he berated us and told the band that if they got into any more scuffles he was quitting and good luck finding a better manager than him. He made the boys go to rehearsal for an extra hour before the show started, leaving Heather and I to fend for ourselves.